A Late Good, Bad and the Ugly

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Good: Bama -- more non-offensive touchdowns. Jalen Hurts, Harris and Bo rushing. Our D making 3rd down completely unmanageable and then our LB's teeing off on the Viles' QB. Harrison bringing an easy one back to the house. He was due. Eddie Jackson smelling the endzone before catching the punt. Normally, I would put this as bad or ugly but Bo covering a Viles fan's face with his hand. Officiating seemed to have improved a touch.

Bad: With Jalen, you also get the mental lapses but that will only get better going forward. His passing was less than stellar. Special teams coverage allowing Kamara to look like a great returner. Missing a very makeable FG.

Ugly: It's all Tennessee here: Tennessee fans. Too much orange. Singing Rocky Top over a luck interception that led nowhere. Dobbs' involvement in the game. Did Jalen Hurd play in this game at all? Too long of a segment on Peyton Manning (I'm a Broncos fan -- I love Peyton on Sunday but hate him on Saturday).

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
agree on that peyton manning bit. The fanboys in the booth TOTALLY dropped the game to talk to peyton for like almost 3/4 of a quarter...really. It was unprofessional and very frustrating. They should've instead had a "Peyton manning special" broadcast later if they wanted to interview peyton, not do it while a live game was going in the 2nd quarter. Ugh.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
agree on that peyton manning bit. The fanboys in the booth TOTALLY dropped the game to talk to peyton for like almost 3/4 of a quarter...really. It was unprofessional and very frustrating. They should've instead had a "Peyton manning special" broadcast later if they wanted to interview peyton, not do it while a live game was going in the 2nd quarter. Ugh.
It was ridiculous.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Good: Bama -- more non-offensive touchdowns. Jalen Hurts, Harris and Bo rushing. Our D making 3rd down completely unmanageable and then our LB's teeing off on the Viles' QB. Harrison bringing an easy one back to the house. He was due. Eddie Jackson smelling the endzone before catching the punt. Normally, I would put this as bad or ugly but Bo covering a Viles fan's face with his hand. Officiating seemed to have improved a touch.

Bad: With Jalen, you also get the mental lapses but that will only get better going forward. His passing was less than stellar. Special teams coverage allowing Kamara to look like a great returner. Missing a very makeable FG.

Ugly: It's all Tennessee here: Tennessee fans. Too much orange. Singing Rocky Top over a luck interception that led nowhere. Dobbs' involvement in the game. Did Jalen Hurd play in this game at all? Too long of a segment on Peyton Manning (I'm a Broncos fan -- I love Peyton on Sunday but hate him on Saturday).
Amen brother.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good- I have to say great actually for the defense today. They completely controlled the line of scrimmage and shut down every aspect of UT's offense. Our offense also controlled the line and had many huge running lanes caused by very solid blocking by the o-line, receivers, and even Hurts on the reverse. The running backs, receivers, and Hurts all ran very well. JK Scott punting and Jackson returning were solid for the special teams. Laura Rutledge's cannonball into the Tennessee River was technically sound.
Bad- The missed field goal right before the half was a bit deflating after a solid drive to end the half.
Ugly- JH's passing was often in the ugly category today. Way too much horrible orange in the stands was a strain on the eyes.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Good: Running game, more NOTs, Allie LaForce
Bag: We didn't score 100. They scored 10. Turnovers. Passing wasn't that great.
Ugly: Orange. The Manning bit, I had to mute the TV and turn on the CBS radio broadcast. Uncle Vern's and Gary's pulling for Tennessee almost the whole game.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
I'm not a Manning hater, per se. His Papa John's pizza though is the slimiest stuff I've ever put in my mouth. And I've eaten in locales around the globe.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I always listen to Eli for this very reason regardless of whether the radio broadcast leads television action.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Excellent ("Good" just doesn't do it justice) the D, at all three levels. Best four-quarter performance against a good team since BSCNCG against LSU.

Good -- Running game.

Bad -- KO and Punt coverage. Unless it went into the end zone, I don't think we covered a kick of any description all day

Ugly -- Scarbrough shoving the ball in the UTe crowd's face. 15 yards isn't the issue -- we just shouldn't do that whether it's 5 yards, 15, or even if it were legal.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
There is so much good that I don't know where to begin. The run game, the D, the drive through the mountains to/from the game, watching the vols pouring out of neyland with more than 10 minutes to play, singing rammer jammer (once again) to a stadium of mostly Bama fans, spoiling yet another "honoring of Peyton" and appearance by the great pumpkin, cheering for the players that came back on the field after the locker room celebration. Oh, and, once again, Down go the Irish!

The bad: Wisconsin being unable to finish the job against the buckeyes. NC State missing the chippie FG against the fighting dabos.

The ugly: everything orange

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Should have done the Peyton thing at the half.

GOOD: Smushing 10RC.
BAD: CNS would not allow Bama to smush 10RC by 60
UGLY: Have to agreed with another thread -- just too much nauseating orange.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
We need to drop the yearly Bama game. It is no longer a rivalry with division play and we are stupid for keeping them on our schedule. Our schedule is brutal enough as it is. If we want to compete for SEC east titles and actually have a chance at winning it we have to drop Bama from our yearly schedule. No one in the country would be stupid enough to schedule Bama on a yearly basis. You know why? Its freaking stupid!
MTAQ

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
I think Peyton has designs on working in broadcasting. That almost seemed like some sort of try-out, to see how he would fare talking college football.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.