Bama opens as a 17 pt favorite over A&M??????

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Wow. Yes, we're on a roll and I'll be the first to admit I'm nervous about every game, but I don't see how that big a spread is reasonable. :BigA:
Betting lines are set by Vegas so that they get even money bet on both teams. Bama fans that actually bet are a loyal group and have a tendency to bet on Bama no matter the number. It may be a touch high but if the number was any lower, it would look like a steal the other way. It will probably go off around 16 come Saturday.

If Bama plays to their best and A&M plays to their best, Bama still wins by 3 TD's.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If you flip the 3-4 points they give for home field, it is close to the Tennessee line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not really worried about TAMU at all. They seem to be inconsistent on offense this season, and teams they have played again, They seem to score in spurt, and then go quiet for whole quarter. That seems to be their pattern.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think TAMU defense will be much better than TN was, so we need to be able to pass the ball more effectively and not let Myles Garrett get to Jalen. Hope Cam can play his best game so far this Saturday. Glad we are playing them at home though... too bad we can't have LSU at home too! We should still win, just not sure by 17. More like 10 points. It will be more challenging to run the ball on TAMU defense but we should still get it done.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
17 points is about right but may be more. TAM has Garrett and the others on the D-line aren't too shabby. However, Bama's D is far different than the big, slow D Bama in 2012. Knight will have a hard time rushing when he is flat on his back courtesy of Bama's D. After that, the team will deserve the bye week to get ready for LSWho.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Thought you guys may enjoy this assessment of the game from the AGS board.

"Our real test will be on offense. Much of the game is going to hinge on T.Knight's play. T.Williams and Ford will get us some points. So to me it all falls on T.Knight and the boys (recievers). If they show up then we win pretty handily, if they don't....well it might be close but Bama probably pulls the victory because Bama's secondary will be watching for some BS throws trying to continue their streak of scoring on defense."

If they play well we don't have a chance at home it appears.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think TAMU defense will be much better than TN was
Not so sure about that.

You talking the same defense that has give up:

468 yards to UCLA
399 yards to the barn (including 231 rushing)
491 yards to Arkansas
378 yards to South Carolina (161 yards rushing for USCe? What?)
684 yards to UcheaT (including 282 rushing Huh?)

If we don't run for 250 on A&M I'll be disappointed. Other than Garrett I'm not worried about A&M's defense at all. To say it will be more challenging to run on them I think is a joke.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think TAMU defense will be much better than TN was
Here are A&M's and UT's stats (I've removed Bama's stats from UT's as they skew the data) as well as Bama's stats through all seven games:
Scoring D:
A&M: 19.2 ppg
UT: 26.7 ppg
Bama: 15.0 ppg

Rushing D:
A&M: 159 ypg
UT: 183 ypg
Bama: 64 ypg

Passing D:
A&M: 278.2 ypg
UT: 216.3 ypg
Bama: 210.1 ypg

Total D:
A&M: 437.5 ypg
UT: 399.2 ypg
Bama: 274 ypg

Overall, A&M and UT are pretty evenly matched. That said, Bama is better by far by every defensive measure. Alabama also scores over 5 ppg more than A&M does.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
A&M's defense is as soft up front as ever. Tennessee gashed them two weeks ago. Bama's rushing attack is getting better every week. That should be scary to any sane Aggie fan. If we come out and play our game, this gets ugly for A&M and looks like 2014.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The only question will be, like Crimsonaudio said, can we maintain our focus after beating UT and LSU up next.
If we play like we're capable of playing, it's not close. If we don't, it will be. That simple.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The biggest impediment every week is not aTm or LSU or the barn. It's us.

If we play our game, nobody can hang with us this year. And yesterday was the best game we've played since the national semifinal last year against Sparty.

But being that focused every week is a lot easier to talk about than it is to do.

The ESPN guys slobbered all over us this morning, as did the SECN guys. Newspapers are all but crowning us with #17.

Saban will hate that with the power of a thousand suns.

Expect angry Nick all week, putting every mistake, opportunity for improvement and weakness under a microscope. Lest any numbskull media type (I know, I know) ask a stupid question -- and one or more almost certainly will -- have your DVR ready to record a rant for the ages.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.