Bama opens as a 17 pt favorite over A&M??????

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Right now, the smart money is going Bama's way. Vegas is begging people to even the betting out and take TAMU.
Exactly. I wonder what the local Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile bookies will have the line at kick-off. It could be as high as 24 by game time.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just read that twice as much $ has been bet on aTm. How is that possible without the line coming down some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yeah, but a&m only won because they fumbled six times.
Very true. I battle back and forth between being nervous and confident. I truly do feel like we are at least 3 TDs better than them, but it's that nagging nervous feeling that keeps coming back.

I do say that if we don't get crazy and turn it over a bunch of times, we'll win, period. They are not good enough to beat us without us giving up possessions.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just read that twice as much $ has been bet on aTm. How is that possible without the line coming down some?

Are you sure it did not say twice as many bettors instead of $? If this is the case it means the big bettors are loading up on Bama and the small bettors are playing A&M but don't know if this is the case.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Are you sure it did not say twice as many bettors instead of $? If this is the case it means the big bettors are loading up on Bama and the small bettors are playing A&M but don't know if this is the case.
There was a tweet earlier from one of the guys who does the lines for ESPN (will try and find it) that said a "well respected" large bettor placed bets on Alabama at 17, 17.5, 18, and 18.5...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There was a tweet earlier from one of the guys who does the lines for ESPN (will try and find it) that said a "well respected" large bettor placed bets on Alabama at 17, 17.5, 18, and 18.5...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wise guy money on Bama is a very good sign. As I stated before this is a fishy line and to the normal Joe Blow the A&M +19 looks great and Vegas is loving it. A Bama beatdown is coming Saturday.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Point spread accurate. We are still a Coach Saban process team but learned how to stop the new age offense while adopting that offense. We are the most dangerous on both sides under Coach Saban era period.

We are running an offense with as much depth and surprise of attack as I have ever seen. Jalen's success will make it easier on the RB's.. And he can throw with the best of the league.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Let Vegas and the betters do their thing. I just want Alabama to win, and a one point margin is all that it takes.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is the kinda spread I expect from a 2001 Miami type team. If we cover this one, we just might be. I just see a 10-14 point Bama win if we keep the turnovers down. If we have turnover problems, we'll probably win or lose by under a TD.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have learned than a great many people consider Texas A&M to have a great defense. They are ranked 97th in the nation and 12th in the SEC. The Aggie DC even said they had an SEC caliber defense.

Sorry, but I wouldn't take that if it were gift wrapped under a Christmas tree. The only thing that will make you look like you have a great defense is if you come to play and we don't.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
A&M's isn't as talented as Ole Miss as the tweet above suggests. Kelly is a better passer then Knight is. You need elite QB play to even be in the game against us. Knight isn't a elite thrower. Hes an average thrower that can take off and run at times. Kelly will be drafted into the NFL in rounds 1-2. Knight might be an undrafted FA.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
So #1 Bama is a 18 pt favorite over #8 Tamoo. #2 OSU is a 19.5 pt favorite over unrank PSU.

What does that say about the spread between #1 and #2??

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.