Bama opens as a 17 pt favorite over A&M??????

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They also don't seem exhausted. They have just seemed exhausted at this point the last few years.
I'm thinking that may be because each of the last two years we've gotten to this point of the season and already had a loss, which makes the subsequent plays all the more important and puts more pressure on the guys.

Not only that but it was a loss to Ole Miss, meaning we not only had to win, we had to hope they lost as well.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
aTm will certainly come in to Tuscaloosa emotionally high. However, you can only play on emotion for so long and then talent, strength, execution and coaching take over. We're a better team in all respects and plus, we'll come out fired up as well due to top 10 matchup and playing at home.
This group of guys has not really had a let up. Ole Miss (in my opinion) was not so much of a let up as it was the first true away game with a freshman qb and other younger players in the spotlight. The team got it together and pulled it out.
The other thing is that we have been able to play quite a few people and are not beaten up like we have been in years past.
I can see us winning by 3 TDs or better.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I'm still wowed by all of this. Almost 20 pts?

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9" using Tapatalk Roll Tide!
I know, seems weird to me too. I mean we beat Tennessee by 39 points. Texas A&M almost got beat by Tennessee even though they turned the ball over 7 times. The line should at least be 24.5. Here's my stone cold lock of the century of the week, Alabama wins 52-24.

I know, seems weird to me too. I mean we beat Tennessee by 39 points. Texas A&M almost got beat by Tennessee even though they turned the ball over 7 times. The line should at least be 24.5. Here's my stone cold lock of the century of the week, Alabama wins 52-24.
This is the game that concerned me next after OM. I really excited for this one. I believe it is a measuring stick for the offense to be truthful.

Sent from my iPad Pro 12.9" using Tapatalk Roll Tide!

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
That is a lot of points. Bama wins and typically over the past couple years rarely blows a real good team out. Bama games tend to be close. There is no way I would bet on this game. That line just seems outrageous. I see bama winning by 10-14 pts. RTR

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Nothing would shock me but I think people are putting too much weight on the results of our respective games against Tennessee.

Tennessee wasn't completely healthy when they went to A&M, but they were a disaster when we played them. This is why I don't bet on college football.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Another reason I don't bet. If I did my head would tell me to take A&M and the points. I feel like we will win, but I would be scared of that 20 point spread.
I agree. I took Texas A&M in my pick em. They played it @ 18.5. In other words we could win 38-20 (a solid win) but still not cover. (No I'm not saying TAMU will score 20. Just giving an example).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Another reason I don't bet. If I did my head would tell me to take A&M and the points. I feel like we will win, but I would be scared of that 20 point spread.
This is what I call a "fishy sucker" line. It seems the books are begging the bettors to bet A&M. Same thing in the Ark/Barn game betting Ark. Both of these games are no bet games IMO.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is what I call a "fishy sucker" line. It seems the books are begging the bettors to bet A&M. Same thing in the Ark/Barn game betting Ark. Both of these games are no bet games IMO.
Right now, the smart money is going Bama's way. Vegas is begging people to even the betting out and take TAMU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.