Jalen runs a LOT faster than I ever thought (video)

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
This thread leads to a puzzlement over what I read on the Aggie boards. I read that Hurts is a TF and they can rattle him - in our stadium. Also, that they need to contain him and make them beat them with his arm. Meanwhile, they're enamored of a QB whose passing percentage lags behind Hurts' by ten percentage points and, well, we've all seen them both run. Knight is a Kelly type. He can take advantage of a void, but that's about it. Using him as an integral part of a running offense against Alabama, well, fugedaboutit. Nevertheless, they continue to trumpet Knight and denigrate Hurts. Natural, I guess...
I think we are seeing in multiple arenas that the more unlikely a positive outcome becomes for your team - the more delusional you become and the more you cling to the groupthink of your "echo-chamber".

It is HIGHLY unlikely that they win (though it could happen). Their assertion that they need to make Jalen beat them with his arm is true. They have to shut down his designed runs somehow since that is the strength of his game at the moment. Rattle him? Wouldn't bet on that. I just genuinely believe there are too many ways for them to get hurts(s) by this offense. Jalen can throw, so bootlegs or anything to move the pocket will still present that opportunity. Once they get used to that, run a counter with Jacobs or Bo or Harris and Bob's-your-Uncle.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Cam Newton always looked like he was just trotting too when he played with Auburn. Some players are just built that way when they run. They look slower then they really are.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
This thread leads to a puzzlement over what I read on the Aggie boards. I read that Hurts is a TF and they can rattle him - in our stadium. Also, that they need to contain him and make them beat them with his arm. Meanwhile, they're enamored of a QB whose passing percentage lags behind Hurts' by ten percentage points and, well, we've all seen them both run. Knight is a Kelly type. He can take advantage of a void, but that's about it. Using him as an integral part of a running offense against Alabama, well, fugedaboutit. Nevertheless, they continue to trumpet Knight and denigrate Hurts. Natural, I guess...
Plus the fact that A&M is probably butthurt Hurts left the state of Texas and didn't pick A&M.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Typical.

By this weekend they'll all be convinced they'll run Bama out of the stadium, then Saturday night they'll be discussing replacements for Sumlin...

:biggrin:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'll give Aggy their credit, they don't usually have many chicken littles until the post-mortem on their big boards. They're a positive bunch.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I commented Saturday that Jalen can't be human! He can get tackled and just pop right up like nothing ever hurts him. Nothing rattles him. He personifies the statement, "so what, next play." He's amazing! Can't wait to watch him for the next several years!!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
What's even better is that we have the luxury of allowing Hurts to grow up and still start. They showed the boxes where we ask him to throw the ball and the boxes where we DON'T ask him to throw the ball. So, while we wait on him to improve on, say 15 yard outs to the left side, or 20 yard throws up the middle, we'll just run the damn ball down your throats lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
What's even better is that we have the luxury of allowing Hurts to grow up and still start. They should the boxes where we ask him to throw the ball and the boxes where we DON'T ask him to throw the ball. So, while we wait on him to improve on, say 15 yard outs to the left side, or 20 yard throws up the middle, we'll just run the damn ball down your throats lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's crazy that we are starting a TF who is essentially learning on the job, and we're still killing people...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Watch him on the first TD by Stewart. Runs circles around the pursuing ut player in order to get in front of him for the block.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
During the olympics watching Bolt run there was an announcer who discussed the math on how Bolt had to take far fewer strides compared to the other guys. I think it was for every 4 strides for the other Bolt took 3. It's an incredible advantage for these guys.
What makes bolt unique (and some of the athletes being discussed here) is height. Speed work and sprinting (at Olympic levels) are for shorter people. Shorter people, shorter legs, quicker turnover on steps.

That's not my theory either. It's "law" in the running community. I remember an interview with bolt and his coach when he busted on the scene, describing how the coach didn't want bolt "wasting his time" with short distance sprint competitions. Bolt begged until he let him compete in a 100m.

My point is, you see these young athletes doing incredible running, in pads, etc. And as previously stated, every time you see Hurts after a sprint, his mouth is closed, breathing through the nose. That's a sign of some ridiculous conditioning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Watch him on the first TD by Stewart. Runs circles around the pursuing ut player in order to get in front of him for the block.
I replayed that play several times and just watched JH. He just kept looking around, decided where to position himself so all he had to do was just get in the way to make an effective block and allow Stewart to score.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.