Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I'll play the Eeyore a bit here. In the past, we have seemed to struggle a bit with teams when they have 2 weeks to prepare for us, especially mid season. This year we seem to be playing lights out and I don't see a very tired team after the Tennessee game, but after 7 straight weeks, we have to be a somewhat dinged up and a 1/4 step slower from the fatigue. I expect this to be a game where we start a bit slower from a bit of UT hangover and maybe a bit too much media love filling the player's heads with visions of greatness. I don't think we'll lose, but I see a closer game than we want.

And, I think we'll know from Coach Saban's demeanor and press conferences how the team's practices are going. I know he'll be looking for fatigue and how the team responds to the unexpectedly easy win from Tennessee.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I'll play the Eeyore a bit here. In the past, we have seemed to struggle a bit with teams when they have 2 weeks to prepare for us, especially mid season. This year we seem to be playing lights out and I don't see a very tired team after the Tennessee game, but after 7 straight weeks, we have to be a somewhat dinged up and a 1/4 step slower from the fatigue. I expect this to be a game where we start a bit slower from a bit of UT hangover and maybe a bit too much media love filling the player's heads with visions of greatness. I don't think we'll lose, but I see a closer game than we want.

And, I think we'll know from Coach Saban's demeanor and press conferences how the team's practices are going. I know he'll be looking for fatigue and how the team responds to the unexpectedly easy win from Tennessee.
Which is why I have predicted, thus far, the greatest number of points for aTm. Bama still covers.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
35-28 Bama. Hopefully Adam Griffith won't miss any field goals this time because this game might be closer than Vegas predicts, especially since TAM had a bye week to rest and prepare for us. I am sure Saban will stress the importance of this game to his players. This game might define our season because I don't think TAM will lose twice.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
1 point more than TAM will do me.

I caught the Ole Miss game on YouTube last night, hopefully our bum squeaker for this year is already in our rear view mirror and we have certainly already earned enough 'style points'

Whilst it would be great to keep looking unbeatable, winning out will be enough and staying healthy is my main concern.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
No FGs needed. 35 points is usually 5 TDs anyway. aTm is the one who will be worrying about missing FGs. Have kicked 12 in 6 games! Lotsa luck beating Bama kicking FGs rather than scoring TDs.

Just remember, Bama rested pretty well last weekend too.
35-28 Bama. Hopefully Adam Griffith won't miss any field goals this time because this game might be closer than Vegas predicts, especially since TAM had a bye week to rest and prepare for us. I am sure Saban will stress the importance of this game to his players. This game might define our season because I don't think TAM will lose twice.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

Just remember, Bama rested pretty well last weekend too.
Ya I don't get the sense that team looks particularly stressed mentally or physically like in years past gauntlet running periods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

Ya I don't get the sense that team looks particularly stressed mentally or physically like in years past gauntlet running periods.

This. We always seem to limp into the bye week, but this year looks and feels different.

42-21 Bama.

Re: Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

Yep. I was afraid of that happening. Then we played Arky and we really destroyed Arky. Even the final score wasn't really that close. Coach Beliema shouldn't have had the players out there at 42-17, but that's his team. Then, UT was more of the same. We practically played the full 4th qtr with no starters. If they did play it was for development. I will go as far as to say the defense is well rested because of a lot of three and outs.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
35-24 Bama. TAMU puts one on the board late to make it respectable. Solid win before a much needed bye week.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
45-31 Alabama...I get the feeling that Texas A&M is going to give us some problems defensively. Their WR group is much better than Tennessee's and I think some of the problems with playing 1v1 deep still may exist. TAMU has a better OL, so I imagine Knight will get a tad bit more time to distribute the ball. On the other hand, I think TAMU is going to sell out to stop the run and Hurts breaks 300 yards in the air for the first time in his young career.

A game of big plays and big hits...should be a fun game to watch if not good on heart health.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
If I'm not mistaken aTm is "soft" up the middle on defense. Granted, I don't expect a 49-10, 400 plus yard rushing game again. But if they are soft up the middle I fully expect us to exploit that. I also do not expect Trevor Knight to "catch us off guard" like he did in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago. We are completely equipped to handle him. Going by his completion % he is an inaccurate passer. We've yet to allow a running QB to "run wild" against us. So I expect the same this week, forcing Knight to have to pass from the pocket.
With all due respect, Trevor Knight didn't "catch us off guard" last time. He caught us playing flat with nothing to play for after we were so close to a 3rd straight Natty. Not the case this Saturday......

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
With all due respect, Trevor Knight didn't "catch us off guard" last time. He caught us playing flat with nothing to play for after we were so close to a 3rd straight Natty. Not the case this Saturday......
He is not the same QB that play against us. The thing is, Trevor didn't really beat us in the game. AJ had several costly turnovers that led to touchdowns for the opposing team. Look at the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utrRNVv9Cms

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.