Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Hurts played brilliantly vs. UT. I guess you're speaking of Garrett and Hall who had 3 and 2 tackles respectively against UT. You're right. We should be terrified. I'm afraid you're letting your environment get through to you...
I agree Hurts played dang well vs. UT! They fumble he gave up and the INT were not his fault. In both cases the OL missed blocks. That is my concern Saturday... Cam has not looked like himself at times this year. Anyway, no sense in beating a dead horse! Especially since we both think BAMA will win! 🍻

Yeah, maybe my environment is clouding my vision! 😃

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
By my count, Hurts has had 8 turnovers this year. He's not been terrible but he's averaging about 1 per game and had 2 turnovers in each of the last two games.

Honestly, I think he's had less turnovers to his name than Coker at this juncture but I'm cautious about brushing it off as no big deal. This TAMU defense is good at creating turnovers, so a true freshman who has had some hiccups with ball security and decision making is a risk factor.

Also, I think BOTH of the turnovers he had against UT at least were partly on him. He dropped back a bit too deep on the 3rd down pass which took a tough situation for Cam Robinson and turned it into an impossible cover. He should've ate the sack on the interception he threw at the end of the half. He was clearly trying to "abort" the play by throwing it out the back of the endzone but he had two guys coming towards him too fast for that to happen. The way we were moving at that point I wouldn't have even doubted that we still scored a TD on that drive if he just didn't try to throw it away and instead take the 10 yard loss.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I can't even imagine Hurts being nervous, but maybe facing a team from the home state will have an effect. After what I've seen to this point, I doubt it though...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I still don't see how people keep making MG into a run stopper. He's a great pass rusher but they don't have a DL that can keep up with Bama. No where near the depth. It will get ugly!

52-17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I still don't see how people keep making MG into a run stopper. He's a great pass rusher but they don't have a DL that can keep up with Bama. No where near the depth. It will get ugly!

52-17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's made some great TFLs on stuff that goes wide in the run game. Anything that allows him to operate with a burst in space, he tends to handle well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He's made some great TFLs on stuff that goes wide in the run game. Anything that allows him to operate with a burst in space, he tends to handle well.
So Bama can take advantage of that by running more of the option we saw last week to let Garrett run himself out of the play.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So Bama can take advantage of that by running more of the option we saw last week to let Garrett run himself out of the play.
My thought exactly. Folks who complain about the jet sweep and reverses off it better be prepared to cover their eyes... :D

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I agree Hurts played dang well vs. UT! They fumble he gave up and the INT were not his fault. In both cases the OL missed blocks. That is my concern Saturday... Cam has not looked like himself at times this year. Anyway, no sense in beating a dead horse! Especially since we both think BAMA will win! 

Yeah, maybe my environment is clouding my vision! 
Disagree on the INT. IMO he should have tucked it, dropped on the spot and lived for the next play. But he's a young gamer and he tried to make something happen. It's a forgivable teaching point which I'm sure CNS and CLK have used already.

We'll run on them. A lot. Garrett will get his chances but don't expect a standout performance. He's a very good player but he won't last all day against our offense simply because aTm doesn't have the depth to get him breathers.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This seems like the classic Team A is a monster that can't be slain kind of week where the monster actually falls. I am predicting a win, but I do respect the team on the other side.
Bama 33
A&M 27
Of course, I hope our guys demonstrate again that they are the clear number one by blowing them out. I enjoy the stress free fourth quarters.

I will say this. Any hesitation by A&M will be costly. Bama was able to exploit that last weekend. That misdirection was killing them.

I saw Jalen making good decisions with the ball last weekend, though he held on to the ball too long on those turnovers. Bama came out pretty fast last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I will say this. Any hesitation by A&M will be costly. Bama was able to exploit that last weekend. That misdirection was killing them.

I saw Jalen making good decisions with the ball last weekend, though he held on to the ball too long on those turnovers. Bama came out pretty fast last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
I keep thinking of Herbie's comment that we were totally different on offense from last year. He said it with a bit of astonishment in his voice...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
My thought exactly. Folks who complain about the jet sweep and reverses off it better be prepared to cover their eyes... :D
I have to admit I did complain about the jet sweeps initially. I didn't realize it would become the base play in our offense and how many other plays we would run with jet sweep action. I'm sure the staff will continue to develop the offense and it'll only get tougher to defend as the season goes on..

Yeah, we are vastly different even though we are running a lot of the same plays from last year. It's like night and day. I was listening to him this morning about the team as a whole and it was like he couldn't find the words to describe what he has seen thus far.
I keep thinking of Herbie's comment that we were totally different on offense from last year. He said it with a bit of astonishment in his voice...

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Yeah, we are vastly different even though we are running a lot of the same plays from last year. It's like night and day. I was listening to him this morning about the team as a whole and it was like he couldn't find the words to describe what he has seen thus far.
Have a link to the video of Herbie saying that? I'd like to listen to it.

No man, I'm sorry about that. I was on my way to work listening to ESPN Pensacola. He was saying that he was living in Nashville now and he was waiting on Bama to join the AFC South and all of that. Good segment. High praise came from all about Jalen as well, even talked about him being in the discussion on the Heisman.
Have a link to the video of Herbie saying that? I'd like to listen to it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
2014 => 2015 was actually the biggest schematic change for us as a program. I thought the 2013 => 2014 changes were mostly about what kind of passing concepts we preferred (bit more WCO), a greater use of the sprint out over the play action bootleg, and integrating tempo into the offensive playcalling process. The QB in 2015 masked what was really a transition to a towards a run-heavy spread tempo offense. We were a pass-heavy spread team in 2014 and I think our lack of development as a run team got kinda exposed against Ohio State. I think very little has changed in the offense over the offseason other than the effectiveness of the QB keeping it. This has made several other plays more successful in the process.

If Hurts could improve like Coker did in the last 5 weeks of the regular season, we're gonna be very happy I think.

Last edited:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
No man, I'm sorry about that. I was on my way to work listening to ESPN Pensacola. He was saying that he was living in Nashville now and he was waiting on Bama to join the AFC South and all of that. Good segment. High praise came from all about Jalen as well, even talked about him being in the discussion on the Heisman.
Herbie is a big Titans fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.