2016 Week Eight Gameweek (TAMU) Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Coaching staff's players of the game:

Offense - Bozeman, Stewart and Williams
Defense - Allen, Anderson, Foster and Harrison
Special Teams - Griffith, Jackson and JK Scott

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Coaching staff's players of the game:

Offense - Bozeman, Stewart and Williams
Defense - Allen, Anderson, Foster and Harrison
Special Teams - Griffith, Jackson and JK Scott
I'm mildly surprised Shaun Dion Hamilton wasn't mentioned. He had a whale of a game Saturday.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban: We approached playing the most complete game we've played all year..
Saban: I think the question is do you rest on your laurels or do you stay hungry.
Saban: Texas A&M probably presents as many issues as any team we've faced all year.
Saban said Texas A&M frosh RB Trayveon Williams is probably the best back they've faced this year.
Saban: It's going to take all phases in order to be successful
Saban on Trevor Knight: "He's an outstanding athlete, very capable of running. They have a lot of QB runs where he's made explosive plays."
Saban on Jalen Hurts on read-option plays: "He adds an extra element that makes the defense have to account for him, which makes it softer."
Saban on evolving: "Defensively we're probably a little more athletic w/ speed on the field, and I think that helps us" vs. spread offenses.
Saban: Offensively, we still want elements of pro-style in what we do.
Saban: I like playing fastball when we have the ball
Saban on Miller Forristall: "We try to use him as a quasi-receiver, H-back, tight end guy ... He's made a significant contribution."
Saban on Cam Robinson: "I know Cam gave up the one sack. ... I think Cam played well, I think Jonah played well. But that play sticks out."
Saban on SDH: He's a very smart player, always in the right place.
Saban: Alphonse Taylor (concussion) remains day-to-day. He will participate in individual, no contact drills today.
Saban on Trevor Knight in Sugar Bowl: I think a lot of the things he did then are the things he's doing now.
Saban on Jalen Hurts: "He's very self-critical. When you bring something up to him, he's like 'I get that.'"
Saban on Jalen Hurts: "One of the easiest guys to manage...that I've ever been around at that age."
Saban on non-offensive touchdowns: If we tell everybody what we do, what do we do when we play them?
Saban on Jalen responding well to mistakes: "I think this is the right stuff that we talk about. That players need to have to improve."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.