Eddie Jackson asking fan to remove Bama jersey from aTm statue

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I had a Drill Instructor in boot camp tell me once, "Don't talk smack until all rounds have gone down range." I'm all for having reasonable fun with the team you beat *after* you win but not before.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well that is true but you clearly don't understand Texas A&M. The Aggies are not like most (maybe any) any other SEC team in some respects. There are some things that we might find odd but are near sacred to them or some oddities that are central to their core and the school is big on respect and honor and those that are not are called the two percenters. We might call it poking fun but they don't often see it that way. UT doesn't have any class so that isn't a big deal to them. Why stoke the fire? What is next? Stepping on to the grass at the MSC in a Bama shirt? We might say...oh that was just having a little fun but that is serious business to them the A&M fan base would be enraged. I just think it best for most that are not all that familiar with the Aggies to not poke at this group or you risk stirring up a hornets nest. If you know your enemy, best to approach A&M by just keeping it on the field keep it classy. Just my two cents.
just me, but that's more their problem than mine.

timmer0911

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Mobile, AL
Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I agree. It's all in fun, just like guys putting the UT flag on the Saban statue or the LSU (I think) jersey on Coach Bryant's statue. As long as no damage is done, I don't have a problem with it. JMO...

Agreed. Good clean fun. Have a little fun y'all.
I totally agree with both of these!! This is all in fun!! If nobody gets hurt or there's no property damage, I don't have a problem with it. Of course, the problem comes in when a truly fanatical fan goes to the extreme and tries to kill trees or something stupid like that. I didn't like the cat skeleton that the Fla fans put out there for Mike the Tiger..........I thought that was pretty bad, but for the most part, these things are harmless pranks.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I totally agree with both of these!! This is all in fun!! If nobody gets hurt or there's no property damage, I don't have a problem with it. Of course, the problem comes in when a truly fanatical fan goes to the extreme and tries to kill trees or something stupid like that. I didn't like the cat skeleton that the Fla fans put out there for Mike the Tiger..........I thought that was pretty bad, but for the most part, these things are harmless pranks.
if this bothers the aggies, the are going to be in for a big surprise when georgia visits.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Their ROTC brigade/battalion CSM is gonna have a heart attack over what those dawgs do to his grass.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.