Jalen Hurts - Legit Heisman candidate?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For right now, I don't see the point in inviting anyone else. Jackson is the runaway winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Lets be real: unless Jackson collapses on the field, he's walking across that stage in NYC in December.
For right now, I don't see the point in inviting anyone else. Jackson is the runaway winner.

Jackson could pull one of the biggest margins in Heisman history
I wasn't implicating that Hurts would beat out Jackson. I just think it would be very cool for Hurts to get invited to the Heisman ceremony as a true freshman..

Last edited:

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Even if JH is invited I would prefer he not go to NYC unless they knew he was going to win. For a freshman he has done very well and has not let things become a distraction. Going to NYC could be a huge distraction before the playoffs. He will most likely have another chance to go. RTR

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

Jackson could pull one of the biggest margins in Heisman history
I'll put a $1 on it that if somehow, Houston beats Louisville this Thursday, Lamar Jackson ain't getting that trophy. I'm not saying it will be Hurts, but I'm damn sure it won't be Jackson.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Even if JH is invited I would prefer he not go to NYC unless they knew he was going to win. For a freshman he has done very well and has not let things become a distraction. Going to NYC could be a huge distraction before the playoffs. He will most likely have another chance to go. RTR
Never was an issue for Mark Ingram, AJ Mcarron and Derrick Henry.... They went to NY......

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'll put a $1 on it that if somehow, Houston beats Louisville this Thursday, Lamar Jackson ain't getting that trophy. I'm not saying it will be Hurts, but I'm damn sure it won't be Jackson.
Very possible, but I'm not sure who would jump ahead of him.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Very possible, but I'm not sure who would jump ahead of him.

I think peppers, only because he is the other media darling. If Hurts went 300-100 the next two games, no interception/fumble, he still wouldn't get it. Invite, yes. Win, no.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Nobody has stopped LJax all year...Houston ain't going to stop him...this is a 2007 type year where the sheer impressiveness of his performances matter more than whatever his team's record ends up being. The only way Houston would lose it for him is if he has a stinker.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No doubt, I would love to see it because it means he finished the season dang strong and we're 13-0 heading into the playoffs.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
The thread question was: Is Jalen Hurts a legit Heisman candidate ? The question has already been answered regardless of what happens next: the answer is an emphatic YES. The FACT that people all over the country are seriously including him in the conversation confirms it.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
There's a decent chance he'll get invited to New York this year. Mainly because of the way the invitation is handled. I don't think there's a clear cut 2nd or 3rd place at the moment and they have to invite at least 3. They can invite up to 8 and the cut off point is determined by where the vote drops off dramatically. So if the vote for 2nd and 3rd is evenly spread out among several candidates they will all be invited. I think the average is 5 since they started inviting more than just the winner.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Jalen is about the tenth best player on the Alabama football team. He has no business going to New York, unless he's flying up there to accompany Jonathan Allen or Tim Williams at the ceremony.
In two years though, he could own that trophy. He's mighty darn good, but he has room for improvement.

Jalen is about the tenth best player on the Alabama football team. He has no business going to New York, unless he's flying up there to accompany Jonathan Allen or Tim Williams at the ceremony.
In two years though, he could own that trophy. He's mighty darn good, but he has room for improvement.
You're right, but they're not about to invite a defensive player.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.