Jalen Hurts - Legit Heisman candidate?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Mayfield and Peppers both could lose another game soon. I won't be shocked if when it all shakes out the three invitees are Jackson, Hurts, and Watson.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This award has become the "offensive player of the year." It is all hype imho -- glad for the player but quite disappointed in what it represents. Can there not be a DL or OL who is the player of the year? For sure -- JA or RF ought to be in the top 4 as far as I am concerned....

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
This award has become the "offensive player of the year." It is all hype imho -- glad for the player but quite disappointed in what it represents. Can there not be a DL or OL who is the player of the year? For sure -- JA or RF ought to be in the top 4 as far as I am concerned....
We've mentioned that earlier. Absolutely should be a def. Heisman. Call it the Gamechanger.

It is all about ratings. Got to fill the time between Conference Championship Weekend until the 11,000 bowl games start. Heisman takes care of some of the programming. I think the last games will determine a good bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Who knows if Hurts will get invited to New York but by the numbers he's the best true freshman QB whose played on a ranked team. By a pretty wide margin also..

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Honestly I really don't care who wins the Heisman. All that is at this point is another "Miss America" award.
My only thing is this: How can you seriously still have the QB at Louisville in the discussion if it is truly about being the best? unless the award is strictly based on numbers. He has been responsible for Louisville's losses - particularly against Houston and UK (UK of all teams) simply because he just couldn't get it done. Say what you want about his flashy numbers but I'll take a player like JH who as a true freshman can LEAD his team back from a 21 point deficit to beat a team on the road whose sole ambition in life is to beat you.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He was only 69-132 in passing that year. And one of those games he started and only played one series before being replace by Casey Dick.
Can't help it. My inner-12-year-old comes out every time I think about the QB-HC combo that year for Arkansas.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I remember Mitch Mustain being 8-0, but he only had 874 yards? That can't be right...
They literally asked him to not turn the ball over, and throw a few dump passes. He was the worst 8-0 QB I've ever seen.

Granted having McFadden and Jones helps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.