Just had an interesting thought about the Streak Over UT

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Our longest streak against UT was 11 in a row under Coach Bryant. We're now at 10 this time. It just occurred to me that if they win the East and we get to play them again, we might match that streak this season instead of having to wait until next year.

That is all.

Carry on.

:biggrin:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: Just had an interesting thought about the Streak

I'm torn because I want to beat UF in ATL. There's just something "right" about Bama beating UF in the SECCG, it's like things have returned to normal. Still, beating UT again would be awesome too.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA

I'm torn because I want to beat UF in ATL. There's just something "right" about Bama beating UF in the SECCG, it's like things have returned to normal. Still, beating UT again would be awesome too.
Yeah. I can see that angle, also, but a "two-fer" over the Viles would sure be sweet.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

It probably would be better CFP playoff wise if we played Florida. Beating Tennessee again would not match whipping Florida, unless Florida tanks a couple. Florida at 10-2 would trump Tennessee at 10-2 I think.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

So what happens should we win the SEC championship. Who gets to choose if we play in Peach Bowl or the other bowl for the first round of the playoff. In all honesty I prefer the BCS to this CFP. But it like all opinions. New Years eve at the GA dome would be sweet.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Our longest streak against UT was 11 in a row under Coach Bryant. We're now at 10 this time. It just occurred to me that if they win the East and we get to play them again, we might match that streak this season instead of having to wait until next year.

That is all.

Carry on.

:biggrin:

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Based on what I've seen from the Vol boards, the fans would rather just forfeit the game than be humiliated again.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It probably would be better CFP playoff wise if we played Florida. Beating Tennessee again would not match whipping Florida, unless Florida tanks a couple. Florida at 10-2 would trump Tennessee at 10-2 I think.
Florida at 10-2 won't get to the SECCG if UT makes it to 10-2.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Florida at 10-2 won't get to the SECCG if UT makes it to 10-2.
Technically UF could lose to FSU and be 10-2, and would only have 1 conference loss.

Still, it doesn't matter if Bama plays Kentucky or Vandy in the SEC title game. An undefeated Bama will ALWAYS make the playoff.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Yep, UF doesn't have to win out on their schedule...they just need to win out in the SEC.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Technically UF could lose to FSU and be 10-2, and would only have 1 conference loss.

Still, it doesn't matter if Bama plays Kentucky or Vandy in the SEC title game. An undefeated Bama will ALWAYS make the playoff.
Was listening to Mark Packer on the way home from work this afternoon. He thinks the east could put an all-star team together and they still wouldn't beat Alabama in the SECCG.:D

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Was listening to Billy Packer on the way home from work this afternoon. He thinks the east could put an all-star team together and they still wouldn't beat Alabama in the SECCG.:D
I heard that too (Mark Packer, by the way).

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

Unless Florida's second loss is to FSU, we'll end up playing Tennessee if their records are both 10-2.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Vols might lose another game or two just so they don't have to face us again. LOL

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

So what happens should we win the SEC championship. Who gets to choose if we play in Peach Bowl or the other bowl for the first round of the playoff. In all honesty I prefer the BCS to this CFP. But it like all opinions. New Years eve at the GA dome would be sweet.
Pairings for Semifinals.
  1. The team ranked No. 1 by the selection committee will play team No. 4 in the semifinals. Team No. 2 will meet team No. 3.
  2. When assigning teams to sites, the committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed.
http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/selection-committee-protocol

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I will not root for Tennessee to do this, but playing them twice would probably be better in the long run than playing Florida. But in the end it really doesn't matter if we have no more than 1 loss.

Florida will still probably finish with atleast 1 more loss in conference , and I'm predicting 3 more to be honest. I see the obvious @ ark and @lsu games but i am also seeing a meltdown in Jacksonville in the works. Something about the UGA-UF game smells like an upset in the works. If Mac finds a way back to Atlanta then he is far better than what I think of him presently.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I will not root for Tennessee to do this, but playing them twice would probably be better in the long run than playing Florida. But in the end it really doesn't matter if we have no more than 1 loss.
Makes no difference, really - the teams in the east are awful this year. There are literally none of those seven teams I'd worry about playing, at all.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.