No Complacency

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
It was a wonderful win against the Orange Guys on Saturday, but make no mistake, TA&M has better athletes. I'm sure CNS is making sure the team does not get complacent, so we need to do the same thing. Bama has a much faster, athletic D than when Knight played for OK in the Sugar Bowl and just ran us ragged. I don't believe that will be the case this time.

The only thing that will stop Bama at this point is Bama. Don't believe CNS will allow that and we should continue our demolition of the SEC.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
All I have heard on the TV, radio and the papers since the game is how Alabama is in a league of our own and that no one else even comes close. This is dangerous stuff for our guys.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
All I have heard on the TV, radio and the papers since the game is how Alabama is in a league of our own and that no one else even comes close. This is dangerous stuff for our guys.
Agreed. It's hard to keep focus when everywhere you go, people are singing praises. If anybody can drown them out, it's Saban. But they are college age, and it isn't easy to hold their attention.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
While TAMU may have better athletes than Tennessee, their tackling fundamentals have been below par.

I look for TAMU to try to stifle our running game (Not sure they are up to it) and put the burden on Jalen... (Mistake) or put heavy pressure on Jalen and try to force some bad throws.
Got news for TAMU... Jalen Hurts ain't your typical Freshman Quarterback.
I expect we will spread em out by working the corners then run it down their throats.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Complacency is the last thing I worry about with Coach Saban as our HC..It seems like he talks about complacency every time he speaks to the media, it's at the top of his list of things not allowed on the team, I have no doubts that he or our team leaders will allow complacency to set it on our team..

I believe that Jalen has this one circled. Being from Texas and now getting to play the school that recruited you has to light some kind of fire. The way the team is playing and the the behavior CNS has presented over the years, I think we are fine.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
This ain't 2014....some of our Seniors remember Mr. Knight and have probably informed the underclassmen, so I look forward to seeing our D in the backfield. Mr. Knight, I believe you will have grass stains and paint all over your uniform come Sat.;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I hope he had someone who played on both the 2009 and 2010 teams come in and give them a pep talk.

Right after we killed Florida in 2010, there were murmurs of 'greatest ever.'

The next week we lost to S Carolina. Only someone who FIRST had the taste of success and THEN had those plaudits totally gets it. Just my 2 cents.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
A&M will be a cake walk. This game will be over by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A&M will be a cake walk. This game will be over by the middle of the 3rd quarter.
Well, if you say so....

Your team doesn't have the pressure and isn't capable of playing big in pressure packed games like Alabama does. Every game we play the team is under pressure and close scrutiny. It doesn't matter if we are playing The Citadel or the Dallas Cowboys, our team is always under the microscope. Alabama has been there and done that, Ohio State hasn't. The Buckeyes are in for an extreme rude awaking when this game kicks off. Your team hasnt faced an OL or DL like ours all year long. That Freshman QB of yours will be running for his life and throwing into the teeth of a Kirby Smart/Nick Saban defense. Trust me, your team will not win if we bring the A-game. If both teams bring the A-game, then we'll beat you by 10-14 points. If we bring the A-game and you the B-game, we win by 21+. If we play the B-game and you the A-game, we still win by 3-7 points. You're overmatched.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.