So Everyone in the Media is talking about T Knight's Victory over Bama

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: So Everyone in the Media is talking about T Knights Victory over Bama

Do want to point out one thing Knight has this time he didn't have in 2013 - tall WRs. Of the four leading receivers in the 2013 game, only one was taller than 5'11 (leading receiver was 6'3). So far this season, TAMU has two guys 6'4 or taller with double digit receptions.

Alabama does have taller DBs this year than it did in 2013, though.

Need the pass rush to get to Knight in order to negate the height difference. What good does being 6'4 do you if it's only a 3 yard slant?
Good point - but I still can't understand why people keep bringing this up - what TK did with OU against a Bama defense from two seasons ago is literally a pointless comparison.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Good point - but I still can't understand why people keep bringing this up - what TK did with OU against a Bama defense from two seasons ago is literally a pointless comparison.
It is unusual to face an opposing quarterback on two different teams, even if it doesn't matter much.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Anything that helps the Alabama team remain focused helps you. I'd thank the media for this stuff if I were Saban.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

The media has to come up with something to talk about before a game. Ignoring what Knight did to Alabama would be silly.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

they keep playing up knight as some sort of superman, but they don't talk about how after he beat alabama, he led the oklahoma to 8-5 in 2014 and then lost the starting job to a transfer in 2015.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

What did TK do to Alabama?

He was 32-44 for 348 yards, 7.9 ypp. 1 INT.
McCarron was 19/30 for 387 yards, 12.9 ypp. 2 INT.

Rushing...
OU had 30 car for 81 yards, 2.7 ypp. 0 fum. (only 14 of those yards were from TK)
Bama had 35 car for 129 yards, 3.7 ypp. 3 fum.

Total yards favored Bama 516-429.

We gave them a short field and 5 turnovers, that's why they won.

Just for comparison, we've played 2 QBs this year that ended up with better stat lines then TK did in '13. Bama still won both games as well.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

How many people that played for us that night are still on the roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

What did TK do to Alabama?

He was 32-44 for 348 yards, 7.9 ypp. 1 INT.
McCarron was 19/30 for 387 yards, 12.9 ypp. 2 INT.

Rushing...
OU had 30 car for 81 yards, 2.7 ypp. 0 fum. (only 14 of those yards were from TK)
Bama had 35 car for 129 yards, 3.7 ypp. 3 fum.

Total yards favored Bama 516-429.

We gave them a short field and 5 turnovers, that's why they won.

Just for comparison, we've played 2 QBs this year that ended up with better stat lines then TK did in '13. Bama still won both games as well.
Thanks, I suspected as much. If it had been anyone other than Alabama (say Georgia or LSU) it would not be headline news.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

TALK IS CHEAP.
Until TAMU/Knight face us there is nothing to talk about.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014

JMHO, I think this just goes to show how dominant Alabama has been. Since 2008 there have only been 12 quarterbacks that have beaten us (most of them due to a lot of luck and a lack of focus by Bama). Chad Kelly and Trevor Knight are the only active ones that have, so they are anomalies in the CFB world. We took care of Kelly already. Now it's time for Knight to take his medicine.

RTR!!!

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

they keep playing up knight as some sort of superman
Is he the "Dark Knight" of the "Joker"? We shall see.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Let's be clear--Oklahoma beat us fair and square in that game, and TK DID play well against us--that is undeniable. it is also undeniable that our team at the time was simply not motivated at all and the upperclassmen in particular had basically checked out after Kick 6. That's not a valid excuse, in my opinion, and we should have been more ready for that game in NO. I was highly critical at the time and disappointed that our guys did not compete to the best of their ability that night against another college football blue blood. But human nature is what it is. There was virtually no precedent for what had happened in Auburn and to lose the opportunity to play for a third straight NC in that way would have made it tough for us to play well against anybody in a bowl game that year IMO.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

We are going to destroy A&M Saturday. I don't get gut feelings that we'll run a team off the field much, but I have that feeling about this game. I think A&M is going to get embarrassed and wish they never joined the SEC after Saturday.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011

The media has to come up with something to talk about before a game. Ignoring what Knight did to Alabama would be silly.
Exactly, they have to have some kind of balance to all the articles saying "Bama is a clear #1 and then there is everybody else", etc which has appeared more in the media this week than the Trevor Knight stories. Frankly, I am glad these stories are there, as I do worry about players reading and believing press clippings or media who are more interested in telling people what they want to hear vs. analysis.

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA

Trevor Knight is a good kid, he had his career best game that night against a Bama team that reaally didnt want to be there. He has a brother that plays for the Sooners. Never wished him anything but good luck after he left Norman. He lost his job by being so inconsistent and a turnover machine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.