So Everyone in the Media is talking about T Knight's Victory over Bama

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
We need to get one thing straight, this defense is much faster and built for spread offenses. Big difference from that previous Sugar Bowl, and I don't see this game being within 21 points. Our linebackers are going to blow up their offense.

Last edited:

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Re: So Everyone in the Media is talking about T Knights Victory over Bama

Don't worry, the ones who will be seeing Mr. Knight this Saturday have heard and taken note. He'll get an opportunity to meet the new and improved highly motivated Bama D, and I wouldn't want to be him when it happens 😳

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Don't worry, the ones who will be seeing Mr. Knight this Saturday have heard and taken note. He'll get an opportunity to meet the new and improved highly motivated Bama D, and I wouldn't want to be him when it happens ��
They have only heard this a gazillion times, I'm sure they are as tired of hearing it as I am.

Don't worry, the ones who will be seeing Mr. Knight this Saturday have heard and taken note. He'll get an opportunity to meet the new and improved highly motivated Bama D, and I wouldn't want to be him when it happens [emoji15]
Yeah, this team is vastly different.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

I hope they continue to talk about Knight's victory over Bama. I want our players to get sick of hearing about it.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

We need to get one thing straight, this defense is much faster and built for spread offenses. Big difference from that previous Sugar Bowl, and I don't see this game being within 21 points. Our linebackers are going to blow up their offense.
First off, it's a team sport. Trevor Knight did not beat Bama. Oklahoma did.

Second, I believe there was a substantial motivational difference between that Bama team and this one.

Trevor Knight is a good player. We'll see if his team is better than this year's Bama team.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

First off, it's a team sport. Trevor Knight did not beat Bama. Oklahoma did.

Second, I believe there was a substantial motivational difference between that Bama team and this one.

Trevor Knight is a good player. We'll see if his team is better than this year's Bama team.
Absolutely. It is up to the team to win this game, not just stop Knight.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN

Count me as one that's sick of hearing how great Knight was against us in the Sugar Bowl 3 years ago. I'm sure I've never really seen a guy's career be mostly based on a one night performance against Alabama like Knight's has been. Anyway, this is 2016 and a whole different deal. We'll see what happens. I'll take the team in crimson.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Let's just save ourselves a lot of trouble and go ahead and forfeit the game. They got TK as QB, we don't stand a chance.

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I agree 100% with you...this is the difference between the defense he faced then versus now...SPEED!!

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville

If we play our "A" game and they play theirs, we win. But we need to suck up our A game for one more week.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Did we give up a kick six and lose our last game? We may be a little more motivated this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

For all the talk about OU doing so well in that game, Alabama still held them below their season YPG average (albeit only 6 yards).

Not to mention Alabama had 5 turnovers that game, which led to 28 OU points.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Copy of what i posted in Jess's preview thread: I'm not sure why people keep bringing up TK having a great game against Bama last time - that was a very different Bama defense and a far more talented OU offense.

He's a good QB, he'll get some yards, but he'll look very mortal on Saturday.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Do want to point out one thing Knight has this time he didn't have in 2013 - tall WRs. Of the four leading receivers in the 2013 game, only one was taller than 5'11 (leading receiver was 6'3). So far this season, TAMU has two guys 6'4 or taller with double digit receptions.

Alabama does have taller DBs this year than it did in 2013, though.

Need the pass rush to get to Knight in order to negate the height difference. What good does being 6'4 do you if it's only a 3 yard slant?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Do want to point out one thing Knight has this time he didn't have in 2013 - tall WRs. Of the four leading receivers in the 2013 game, only one was taller than 5'11 (leading receiver was 6'3). So far this season, TAMU has two guys 6'4 or taller with double digit receptions.

Alabama does have taller DBs this year than it did in 2013, though.

Need the pass rush to get to Knight in order to negate the height difference. What good does being 6'4 do you if it's only a 3 yard slant?
And one thing TK doesn't have this time around. An unmotivated opponent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.