So Everyone in the Media is talking about T Knight's Victory over Bama

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Re: So Everyone in the Media is talking about T Knights Victory over Bama

Trevor Knight is a good kid, he had his career best game that night against a Bama team that reaally didnt want to be there. He has a brother that plays for the Sooners. Never wished him anything but good luck after he left Norman. He lost his job by being so inconsistent and a turnover machine.
Here's to a continuation of that trend...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I can't get over the fact the TAMU allowed opposing points scored on them and how many yard they gave up rushing. I feel real good about us dominating them in certain part of the game.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

They have to find something to give hope
+1. There's nothing interesting about declaring the top team invulnerable. The interest is in the upset, in a tight game. After watching TAMU's defense get smoked by Tenn I'm pretty confident Knight will be irrelevent -- the Tide offense is going to roll.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Knight doesn't worry me in this game, but their defense's ability to cause turnovers is a strong point. How can aTm get away with giving away so many yards per game? Because their defense causes so many turnovers. Avoid those turnovers and those drives turn into points. Previous opponents have struggled with this. Will Alabama?

+1. There's nothing interesting about declaring the top team invulnerable. The interest is in the upset, in a tight game. After watching TAMU's defense get smoked by Tenn I'm pretty confident Knight will be irrelevent -- the Tide offense is going to roll.
They've been getting smoked by a lot more than just Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Trevor Knight isn't as good as Allen or Kelly...and he's not playing against us after we got knocked out of the BCS championship game in our last game of the season.
Different year, different motivation.
Something else we have this year; a Ferrari for a defense.
Worst of all for TAMU, they're starting to play together as a cohesive unit.
We'll roll TAMU on Saturday

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

As silly as I think it is discussing TK's performance a couple of years ago with a different team, this can't do anything but light a fire under the 2016 D - they'd love nothing more than to show they're better than the 2013 D (or any other D, for that matter)...

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

As silly as I think it is discussing TK's performance a couple of years ago with a different team, this can't do anything but light a fire under the 2016 D - they'd love nothing more than to show they're better than the 2013 D (or any other D, for that matter)...
This D wants to be the standard for years to come like the 2011 D.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I posted this in JessN's preview sticky, but it goes here even better:

I've got a very good friend who is a big Sooner fan. He remembers the 2013 Sugar Bowl very well. But he said in that game that almost all of TK's passes were hot routes that scorched Bama for all those yards.

So if our defense takes away his first reads and he has to stay in the pocket and go to second and third reads it's gonna be a much different game than in 2013.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham

Coach Stallings said this week that this defense is second to none when asked to compare them to the '92 defense. He also said Bama is 20 points better than A&M.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Coach Stallings said this week that this defense is second to none when asked to compare them to the '92 defense. He also said Bama is 20 points better than A&M.
It's weird, because they're not as suffocating as the 2011 D, for example, but the I think that has to do more with the offenses Bama faces week in and out. Crazy how much they have changed in just five years. But I think Stallings is right - this D can slow down any offense enough to allow Bama to outscore them. And the bonus of having a high-powered offense is amazing.

If this team remains focused, they'll go 15-0. Nobody can beat them if they play up to potential each week, literally nobody...

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Had to laugh when Joey Galloway was asked about Knight beating Alabama in 2013 this morning on Mike & Mike. He just replied "It's a cute story... This is a much different defense this time around, though."

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Had to laugh when Joey Galloway was asked about Knight beating Alabama in 2013 this morning on Mike & Mike. He just replied "It's a cute story... This is a much different defense this time around, though."
I heard that as well. I couldn't believe Joey came to our defense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.