JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Last edited by a moderator:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Gotta give Knight kudos for being the team's second-leading tackler. Kid can do it all. :)

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Good read but I also don't think it's this close at the end. Aggies defense allows too many yards and when they can't stop our run game it will be a long day for them. I do expect a tough rather close first half. Just my two cents.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I have to disagree on a couple of points.

Nearly all of A&M's success at punt returning has come in their scrub games. Against P5 opponents, they have 4 returns (in 5 games) for 5.75 yards per return and no TDs.
Alabama, vs P5 opponents, has 12 returns for a 20.92 average and 2 TDs.

A&M's return game isn't very dangerous vs solid offenses because of the "between the 20s" defense you mentioned already. All Scott has to do is reach Alabama's 40, and returns become non-existent as teams will try and keep us from downing it rather than making huge returns. It gets even worse for them against ranked foes, as they have 1 return for -14 yards in those games (3). A&M owes over 75% of their return yardage to Prairie View.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not sure why people keep bringing up TK having a great game against Bama last time - that was a very different Bama defense and a far more talented OU offense.

He's a good QB, he'll get some yards, but he'll look very mortal on Saturday.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm not sure why people keep bringing up TK having a great game against Bama last time - that was a very different Bama defense and a far more talented OU offense.

He's a good QB, he'll get some yards, but he'll look very mortal on Saturday.
Agreed. He has actually not proven he can withstand the pressure of an Alabama defense as we simply did not pressure the QB back then like we do now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that an Alabama WR did something to upset Jess. Two weeks in a row inferior receiving groups are ranked ahead of Alabama's. I think it is just Jess trying not to give everything to Alabama. In this game, the edge at every position group and matchup belongs to Alabama. Some may be close, but the edge is still Alabama's.

You may be on to something there. lol
I think that an Alabama WR did something to upset Jess. Two weeks in a row inferior receiving groups are ranked ahead of Alabama's. I think it is just Jess trying not to give everything to Alabama. In this game, the edge at every position group and matchup belongs to Alabama. Some may be close, but the edge is still Alabama's.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Also, Bama had a turnover problem that game too that helped him out.
I'm not sold on TAMU.
A lot of their fundamentals are shaky.
Trevor is a great QB if you don't pressure him. BUT... Under pressure things can unravel.
Against Tennessee TAMU had a problem tackling. Was it because they were looking ahead at us?
TAMU stats were inflated playing a weak sister team, and leaving in the starters to run up the score.
If we play our game, and come out strong we win.
If we come out and drag around and miss tackles, we loose.
I THINK THIS IS OUR GAME TO WIN OR LOSE. UP TO US.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks for the in-depth analysis, Jess. Good read. I think it will be a great game to watch - glad the Gators are off this week so I can relax a little. :) I'll peek into the game thread likely too this week.

I think the game will come down to which QB runs his offense the best, under the circumstances.

I agree being played at BDS is a big plus for Bama.

Good luck!

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
The "stats" and info tell me that Alabama should win big. But, this is the eighth game for Alabama before the bye week, and that has meant that Alabama struggles quite a bit against the opponent. I'm leaning towards a close, close game like JessN, but I certainly hope that I'm wrong.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Trevor knight is NOT as good a QB as Hurts. Even at this stage of Hurts' young career, it is clear he's the MUCH better QB of the two. The QB cat should have been tipped to Bama, in a landslide. That OU game in the Sugar Bowl means absolutely NOTHING to this game.

The "stats" and info tell me that Alabama should win big. But, this is the eighth game for Alabama before the bye week, and that has meant that Alabama struggles quite a bit against the opponent. I'm leaning towards a close, close game like JessN, but I certainly hope that I'm wrong.
Team is really fresher than any year I've seen under CNS.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
^^^ This ^^^

Beat me to it.

I think it also has to be factored in that 'Bama has not had to play the starters a full game since Ole Miss. It obviously helps Texas A&M that they had a bye week. But, the last four games that 'Bama has played have been blowouts in which the starters have gotten to rest in the 4th quarter. I think 'Bama is somewhat fresher than compared to going in to the game against UT last year. I hope I'm right.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.