Does Mac have control over Florida discipline.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It seems to me that UF (and all of the Florida schools for that matter) consistently have discipline issues regardless of who the coach is at the time. So, I don't think it has as much to do with coach as much as culture for whatever reason. So, no I don't think Coach Mac has lost control of the team. Seemingly the nature of the beast which you do your best to manage when your at the helm. Then again, my perspective may be wrong. Just seem to hear about this kind of stuff every year.
Y'all just too hard on the children these days. They're only kids once :biggrin2:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If it were not for the mardis gras beads, I would say this had to do with the team we were playing - Mizzou.

Whoever came up with this idea is an idiot - no matter what the intent or the details of what happened or what was said...it's just stupid - and for me as a Gator - embarrassing.

We have our share of idiots in our fan base, no doubt.

But most of us are not - and you would be hard pressed to find many who didn't mourn the loss of Mike VI the same as anyone else did, regardless of being a rival's mascot.

Lastly - in a perfect world the university would investigate and address this incident in an appropriate fashion - and then issue a press release.

I think we can all agree that fans and players sometimes do stupid - even tasteless stuff - in every program.

The only recourse is for the appropriate parties to try and make it right.

RIP Mike VI and sorry to any fans who were insulted by this.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yah, I'm responding to those who seemed to imply that it wasn't covered literally all over the place - "if it hadn't been posted here, i wouldn't have know about it'...
You are missing the point: some of us don't have/use other "news sources".

If it isn't posted here, what use is it?

Besides, we don't need no steenking Google. We have SBT!

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Intertesting - it was pretty much everywhere when he dies: ESPN, CBS sports, Time, the Washington Post, even TMZ. Seriously, there were articles posted everywhere - not sure how any of you guys could have missed it.
I should have clarified. Yes, the death was reported all over the place, I was referring more to his comment that the tiger having cancer was being report everywhere throughout the year. I just don't remember seeing anything about the cancer until I saw a post on this board, only a few days before the death was announced.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I should have clarified. Yes, the death was reported all over the place, I was referring more to his comment that the tiger having cancer was being report everywhere throughout the year. I just don't remember seeing anything about the cancer until I saw a post on this board, only a few days before the death was announced.
Even that was very well covered as well because of PETA's issue with them having them. It made its way to fox, Jox, and finebaum, but again it's besides the point I was making in the first place.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I vaguely remember hearing something about Mike the Tiger, but I couldn't tell you when he died, or whether I heard about it at the time or whether I confused news of sickness with news of death or vice versa. It doesn't register with me as very important. I could have heard about it, forgotten about it, and heard about it again as if for the first time. I do not think I have heard any physical person I have encountered in daily life mention it one single time. But I could be wrong, and forgotten that too.

Mascots die, and are replaced with other mascots. I couldn't tell you what version of Uga they are on now.

Last edited:

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
You are missing the point: some of us don't have/use other "news sources".

If it isn't posted here, what use is it?

Besides, we don't need no steenking Google. We have SBT!
I agree. I don't watch the news (and very rarely watch tv at all except college football), don't read news websites, and don't watch ESPN unless there is a game on. I get on here to read articles that people post, and I honestly would not have known about this story if I hadn't seen it on here. People sometimes forget that not everyone has the same habits as them and project their daily routines/hobbies on other people.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.