ESPN College Gameday will be in Tuscaloosa for Bama-ATM Game

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
One of these days I'm going to be able to see Game Day in Tuscaloosa live and in person. I'm working for 4 hours this weekend.
It's worth doing once, but after that it's not IMO. It gets annoying fighting the mash pit all around and having ESPN crew members constantly wanting to inspect your sign, if you bring one.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Re: ESPN college gam day will be at Tuscaloosa for Bama-ATM game.

I'd volunteer to do it. I'm a TideFans celebrity with a "60 Minutes" and NPR appearances in my background. And to satisfy the Auburn argument ("didn't even attend school there"), I DID apply and WAS ACCEPTED in the spring of 1987.

NPR. Wow. Natriuretic Peptide Receptor. Your genius never ceases to amaze me Selma. (I picked that acronym for the Pep Tide part)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I think he is a good choice. I really enjoyed listening to him on the radio the other night. He talked about how much he and his wife loved Tuscaloosa.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Ok, I am confused. Isn't the game on CBS W/ Verne and Gary announcing?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
ESPN dropped the ball on this one. I think this was a great opportunity to have Les Miles as a guest picker. He knows both teams (Bama intimately) and I think his personality would have translated well.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ok, I am confused. Isn't the game on CBS W/ Verne and Gary announcing?
Yep and Herbie never predicts the game he's calling.

I like the choice of Verne but am confused since the guest picker is expected to pick the main game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Really ESPN? You pick the one guy that cannot even pick the game? Well at least it isn't Katy Perry or random terrible country singer I have never heard of.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
That's cool. Verne won't pick our game however. This may tell you this may be the last time Gameday is going to a SEC venue.

Not sure about that. Tells me CBS will not do another game, at BDS, in Verne's last year. And since he is not under contract with ESPN, he can do as he pleases. Unless CBS tells him not to, or he just doesn't feel comfortable with making a pick.

We'll see.

Correction: you will see, I won't. Never watched the show and see no reason to start now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.