News Article: Who is Heather Dinich?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ribbet

The female version of Danny Kanell. She's an ACC homer who knows even less than DK. I would give her credit for saying FSU would win the NC in '13 but she says either FSU or Clemson will win the NC every year. So, it kinda doesn't count.
Nothing from Nothing Leaves Nothing.....

It's not possible to know LESS than DK

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
She's an "analyst" for ESPN so they can check the diversity box. She has a platform and voice with ESPN because she's a woman covering college football. I've watched a few of the CFB shows that she's been on and she literally says nothing. Her "analysis" is always something like this, "Well, you never know what's going to happen with this situation. If team xyz wins out we'll just have to see what the landscape looks like then." She's also been one of the most vocal against Alabama during our dynasty run. You can see the tweets in the article linked by the OP. I made a comment about them in a preseason thread. If Dan Wolken has to explain to you the rationale of why Bama was preseason #1 then you should quit covering college football. She was literally the only person who had a problem with it. I could go on and on about not only the things she's been wrong about but also her continuous flawed logic. /rant
I agree. She seems to know less each time I see her, which thank goodness, is very little.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
If I weren't a southern gentleman I'd like to round house kick her in the throat. When it comes to football knowledge and bringing something to the conversation. She's clueless and what makes it worse is she's freakin' annoying.
Just now reading this thread and this made me spit my coffee out. Thanks for the morning laugh!

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
She's definitely more of an ACC homer than a B1G homer. She was the ACC blogger for ESPN for years.

If you think she's annoying in print listen to her on the Championship Drive podcast. Incredibly annoying lisp.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
She has been around for a few years now and we all know what we are getting when she opens her mouth. I am still not sure why she is working college football. She doesn't seem to understand the nuances of the game sufficiently to break anything down. She relies on what others tell her. I could accept that if she didn't so often offer her own opinion about football - if she just worked as a show host.

Rece Davis is the perfect example of what this type of show requires from the host. Someone who carries himself well and stays above the fray. Someone who keeps their opinions to themselves, often even when asked to offer those opinions. Dinich simply doesn't have the chops to be an analyst, so she should avoid that stuff and make the most of her new opportunity as a host.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.