News Article: Who is Heather Dinich?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
She has been around for a few years now and we all know what we are getting when she opens her mouth. I am still not sure why she is working college football. She doesn't seem to understand the nuances of the game sufficiently to break anything down. She relies on what others tell her. I could accept that if she didn't so often offer her own opinion about football - if she just worked as a show host.

Rece Davis is the perfect example of what this type of show requires from the host. Someone who carries himself well and stays above the fray. Someone who keeps their opinions to themselves, often even when asked to offer those opinions. Dinich simply doesn't have the chops to be an analyst, so she should avoid that stuff and make the most of her new opportunity as a host.
She is there so ESPN can check a box in HR. Plain and simple. I can name a few others who serve the same purpose but I give them passes because they are hot and I am a shallow person.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think she's terrible at her job but she's really been given a daunting role to basically be the "college playoff reporter" for ESPN. Once the polls start coming out, her job is basically reading tea leaves which can be just about useless given how much things change each week.

When she was ESPN's ACC beat reporter I thought she was about equivelent to Chris Low (the SEC beat reporter). Her role just sucks now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw this on my timeline and had a good laugh. It's beyond egregious to question Alabama's resume at this point..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Cecil's response is great - "You could walk into any sports bar in America and find someone more qualified than Heather Dinich."
Yep - she would be better served asking the question a different way. With the SEC so down this year, do we really know how good this Alabama team is right now? My answer is simple - if you have watched them play, you know that they are the best team in college football. But Dinich is gonna Dinich (pull down the SEC however she can).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Cecil's response is great - "You could walk into any sports bar in America and find someone more qualified than Heather Dinich."
No need for a sports bar, I could walk into Publix and ask people who don't even watch football and still find someone more qualified than her. I wonder how she finds her way to work everyday. When she scratches her head she gets splinters in her fingers.

Which is sad. Why not go with the most qualified person? I mean, I know why now, but you'd think someone would wise up here. She uses the platform to degrade instead of providing insight on what's actually going on. It is what it is. I think they should hire Jessica or TideMom2Boys for her job. They'd do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better with even less resources than her.
She's awful. Just plain awful. The problem is even though there are women who can legitimately "talk football". There simply aren't enough of them in the field to pick from. So I guess they have to hire who is available to them.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Which is sad. Why not go with the most qualified person?
If we're being honest, if that was the approach 90% of the sideline reporters would be unemployed. There's zero question why they're hired and it's not their encyclopedic knowledge of the game...

ETA: that's not to suggest that's why HD got hired - that one is inexplicable...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.