News Article: Who is Heather Dinich?

I agree. Still, those others got better as they went along. They are at least serviceable. Heather, I can't say that. She's gotten progressively worse. It's like needing surgery but you don't really want to or can't do it and things just get to the point that surgery is unavoidable. We have gotten that way with her.
If we're being honest, if that was the approach 90% of the sideline reporters would be unemployed. There's zero question why they're hired and it's not their encyclopedic knowledge of the game...

ETA: that's not to suggest that's why HD got hired - that one is inexplicable...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Re: Twitter between Cecil Hurt and ESPN

Thats one reason I dont have twitter. And shes just saying that to get hits, so when ESPN decides to replace her with she can point out how many hits her articles and tweets get. I refuse to listen to her at all.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Oh, man. Cecil created a firestorm with his response. Bruce Feldman, Stewart Mandel and other media members are calling him out..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Oh, man. Cecil created a firestorm with his response. Bruce Feldman, Stewart Mandel and other media members are calling him out..
All Cecil has to do is post a list of her idiotic quotes and let her words prove his case.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Cecil said exactly what we all want to say about her.

The media guys calling him out are only doing it because she is a woman. They think it makes them look good to come to her "rescue".

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean, honestly, I don't disagree with Dinich too much. We've only really beaten USC in terms of a perceived quality opponent at this juncture. WKU might be one of our best wins...LOL.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I mean, honestly, I don't disagree with Dinich too much. We've only really beaten USC in terms of a perceived quality opponent at this juncture. WKU might be one of our best wins...LOL.
Except every metric used shows otherwise.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Now Finebaum is defending another talking head at ESPN. Is everyone at ESPN required to be politically correct and defend each other. And going after Cecil Hurt is just juvenile.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The problem with her analysis is that she is looking at Alabama's schedule today, based on where those teams are today. I would argue that the USC team that you beat in September wasn't nearly as good as the Ole Miss team that you beat in September. But USC and Ole Miss went in opposite directions, so USC looks good to her now while Ole Miss looks like garbage. But the Ole Miss team that Alabama beat was playing at a very high level in September. They were a very different team.

You cannot look at a schedule like that. If you took Alabama's schedule week by week, looking at each opponent at that time, Alabama's schedule is by far the most difficult of any of the playoff contenders, including Ohio State. 7 of Alabama's opponents (8 when you include FL this weekend) were ranked when you played them, and playing like they deserved those rankings. 5 of your opponents are currently ranked. 10 Alabama opponents will be playing in bowls this year, and Chattanooga is in their playoff.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Except every metric used shows otherwise.
Yeah, except that...I ought to have blue'd that post because that was part sarcasm. But I do think that the perception is that Alabama has "only beat USC" and "that wasn't the USC that is now totally legit and really awesome"

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bama's beaten four top25 teams in the CFP, going to be five after this weekend.

What are you measuring it by?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.