News Article: Who is Heather Dinich?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
because Cecil never intended to start a social justice dogpile. He could've said the same thing about Danny Kanell and nobody would've paid attention. He just unintentionally struct a nerve because that national beat writer inner circle has gotten really sensitive to one of their own, Heather Dinich, being attacked often by misogynistic idiots like Finebaum's Jim from Tuscaloosa. Cecil was really questioning her professionalism not that she couldn't have an opinion because she's a woman.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
because Cecil never intended to start a social justice dogpile. He could've said the same thing about Danny Kanell and nobody would've paid attention. He just unintentionally struct a nerve because that national beat writer inner circle has gotten really sensitive to one of their own, Heather Dinich, being attacked often by misogynistic idiots like Finebaum's Jim from Tuscaloosa. Cecil was really questioning her professionalism not that she couldn't have an opinion because she's a woman.
This. Yah, there are actual misogynists out there. It makes it harder for anyone to actually levy poignant criticism against a woman because it all then falls under the blanket of misogyny. Heather is an idiot and my farts carry more weight than her analysis. The exact same goes for Danny Kannel and Skip Bayless.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Someone on this board had comments that the four letter sports network gives talking heads roles to play, like professional wrestling.
The addition of Finebaum to any serious discussion of college football supports that thesis. He is not that smart on football, but he sure knows how to push buttons.
Dinich, bless her heart, is probably a part of that same strategy.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I feel for Cecil. You cannot be honest in today's media world. 98% of it is driven by people of extremely low intelligence.

Frankly, some of the guys I still had respect for, like Travis Haney and Bruce Feldman, really disappointed me yesterday with their white knight defense of Dinich. And, ironically, THEY proved their own misogyny by rushing to her defense as if she were not capable of defending herself. Cecil never mentioned her sex. They are the ones that took it there.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Cecil should've laid his argument on her opinions at the opinions and not what could be perceived as a "below the belt" ad hominem attack. Like I said, there is a certain sensitivity in his journalism circle because she's a highly visible female analyst and has taken a fair amount of criticism that goes straight into the the sexist territory. What he said wasn't going into that territory but it kinda grazed some of the hairline triggers.

Heather Dinich is wrong. I get her argument but like I've shown earlier you could make the same argument against UDub or Clemson. There is a reason OSU is a mortal lock for the playoffs despite not even winning their division: they have the best resume of any team in the nation by a large margin. Everyone else in the top 4 you could make the lame "but who have they really beaten tho?!?!?!" argument.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
It's obvious to all college football fans that Bama is the best team in the country, when you continually argue otherwise, it starts to rub folks the wrong way & it makes you look incompetent or like a complete idiot..

I agree 100℅ with Cecil, but , he should've known better than to Tweet what he did in the "Politically Correct" world we all live in now days..

Sad but true, brother.

And even he is now walking it back, in the fact of the feigned indignation at his comment...

The tail is wagging the dog...

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Cecil should've laid his argument on her opinions at the opinions and not what could be perceived as a "below the belt" ad hominem attack. Like I said, there is a certain sensitivity in his journalism circle because she's a highly visible female analyst and has taken a fair amount of criticism that goes straight into the the sexist territory. What he said wasn't going into that territory but it kinda grazed some of the hairline triggers.

Heather Dinich is wrong. I get her argument but like I've shown earlier you could make the same argument against UDub or Clemson. There is a reason OSU is a mortal lock for the playoffs despite not even winning their division: they have the best resume of any team in the nation by a large margin. Everyone else in the top 4 you could make the lame "but who have they really beaten tho?!?!?!" argument.
I think Bama has as good a resume as OSU. How could you make the lame excuse? And by a large margin? I don't see where you or anyone could make a team a lock for the playoffs just because of what they have done in the past. I agree that OSU is a very good team but it was my understanding that they wanted you to win your conference and only one team from that conference. They didn't want a repeat of the Bama-LSU type championship game. I have no problem who they put in the play off as long as We are in but don't come back next year with a new rule if Bama and say Florida should be counted in the top 4.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
This. Yah, there are actual misogynists out there. It makes it harder for anyone to actually levy poignant criticism against a woman because it all then falls under the blanket of misogyny. Heather is an idiot and my farts carry more weight than her analysis. The exact same goes for Danny Kannel and Skip Bayless.
I agree but I've never tried to weigh a flatulate. Still, she shouldn't be able to avoid critism just because she's a woman.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
OSU has a 3-1 record against top 10 team. They have the best resume by a large margin which is why they're sitting at home this weekend yet likely more of a lock to make the field than anyone.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I know this has been said on his post already but just to reiterate:
Had Cecil said this about a man we wouldn't even have this thread. The other male (and female) sports writers would laugh/giggle about it and keep right on trucking.
No offense to anyone on here (especially of the female gender): If you want to be treated like a man then take the criticism like a man and to the men - if you are so much for "equality" then let the woman defend her own self/record in regards to this criticism.
That having been said - please do not equate this post to say that I think you can hit women and so forth because this is not about that.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think it is about not being able to take legitimate criticism. You probably don't realize the amount of hateful sexist BS she gets hit with all the time on social media. That journalism circle is really sensitive to one of their own providing any ammunition for criticizing her because they know it is just a validation to those who have hate in their heart.

Is that wrong? Yeah. But it isn't because she's being veiled from criticism protection due to being a woman. It is because some people can't behave like decent human beings and go places they shouldn't go therefore the entire sports journalism community - men and women - is protecting her.

Heck, there is some stuff in this topic that kinda crosses my personal line on the matter but I'm not really into censorship and it isn't being directed at her with a twitter @reply.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
RGW (not calling you out because I do respect you and your opinion) :
My whole point about this is that if Cecil said this about a male journalist there would not be the great outcry from people like Clay Travis and such. I'm sure that there are idiots who simply say bad/idiotic stuff about Heather just because they are who they are. There are women who do the same towards men because thy are who they are, too. In or society, though, we (as a PC whole) have gotten totally two faced about this. On the one hand we say we want to treat everyone the same and in an instance like this we don't because where we'll defend one gender we won't defend the other (at least not in the same PC way).
To be fair and give my honest opinion: Heather is not really good at what she does and Cecil is kind of right in what he said. Could he have said it in a better way? Sure he could have and hindsight being 20/20 he likely would if he could do it over. The problem with us analyzing this is that we don't know whether or not Heather has taken pot shots at Cecil and has treid to low blow him before and this may have just been the tipping point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.