News Article: Who is Heather Dinich?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Probably hear/see her more frequently when the Playoff Committee starts meeting. She "reports" on them I believe.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
She's an "analyst" for ESPN so they can check the diversity box. She has a platform and voice with ESPN because she's a woman covering college football. I've watched a few of the CFB shows that she's been on and she literally says nothing. Her "analysis" is always something like this, "Well, you never know what's going to happen with this situation. If team xyz wins out we'll just have to see what the landscape looks like then." She's also been one of the most vocal against Alabama during our dynasty run. You can see the tweets in the article linked by the OP. I made a comment about them in a preseason thread. If Dan Wolken has to explain to you the rationale of why Bama was preseason #1 then you should quit covering college football. She was literally the only person who had a problem with it. I could go on and on about not only the things she's been wrong about but also her continuous flawed logic. /rant

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Ribbet

The female version of Danny Kanell. She's an ACC homer who knows even less than DK. I would give her credit for saying FSU would win the NC in '13 but she says either FSU or Clemson will win the NC every year. So, it kinda doesn't count.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Ribbet

The female version of Danny Kanell. She's an ACC homer who knows even less than DK. I would give her credit for saying FSU would win the NC in '13 but she says either FSU or Clemson will win the NC every year. So, it kinda doesn't count.
Haha. A female Holtz. Haha. Go Notre Dame, go S Carolina. Opps. I mean go FSU and Clemson.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
She had a lot to say last year about Alabama's playoff rankings. Of course she was wrong, but basically she'd go on a tirade each time they came out and Alabama had a good ranking.
I'm guessing that she is a barner... :cool2:

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I was looking through ESPN power rankings and one voter had us at #6. Three-fifths of the teams she picked better than us pre-season have 2 or more losses.

http://thespun.com/acc/florida-state/espn-analyst-top-25-coaches-poll
Worthless. She does give "real" women sportswriters a bad name. That woman really knows nothing about real football, and I never listen to her or read her. My wife knows MUCH more about real football than she does. Heck, My cat knows more about football than she does.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.