Target for Nick Saban's latest 'chewing' is Bo Scarbrough...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
That is the title of the latest post on one of the web sites that covers Bama. My wife was livid when she say Bo stick his hand in the fans face. She asked me what I thought and I told her he would feel the wrath of CNS. I thought it I was watching an Aubarn player instead of someone in Crimson. I can only imagine the "rear" chewing he received. I was surprised to see him back in the game to be honest. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Well most of the nation wont recall the big run, just a kid shoving his hand into the fans face. Not a good first impression.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Target for Nick Saban's latest 'chewing' is Bo Scarbrough

It wasn't that deep at all... He just got caught up in the moment, and he deserved to get chewed out for that, but IMO, I guess he thought it was worth it in the end.... I mean Bo finally had a huge break in that game.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

He was showing the script A on his glove to the fan above the dude's left shoulder who was shooting him a bird. No big deal IMO.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I hope we won't see any more of that, as I don't appreciate it, but it was pretty harmless. Didn't even draw a penalty (probably lucky about that one), but I doubt CNS thought it was humorous or desirable...

That said, again, harmless, and I'm glad Bo got the big run!

RTR

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

He was showing the script A on his glove to the fan above the dude's left shoulder who was shooting him a bird. No big deal IMO.
Really? It was quite near that kid's face to be for someone behind him.

Either way, I agree it's not a big deal, but it was a bad decision. Don't react to twitter trolls; don't react to fans giving gestures.

I wonder how people would compare this to Yeldon's throat slash gesture against TAMU. That got him 15 yards and a 1 quarter suspension from CNS.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Really? It was quite near that kid's face to be for someone behind him.

Either way, I agree it's not a big deal, but it was a bad decision. Don't react to twitter trolls; don't react to fans giving gestures.

I wonder how people would compare this to Yeldon's throat slash gesture against TAMU. That got him 15 yards and a 1 quarter suspension from CNS.
That's how I saw it. I have a still shot of it on my FB page, but I'm not going to post because the fan is shooting a bird.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I think allowing a fan to influence you like that is a sign of emotional immaturity - not a healthy thing for a team, imo.

Pretty harmless all said, but it could cost us critically in the future, I don't care what the fan did...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Oh I agree. I sure don't want him or any other player turning into a Scam Newton kind of guy. :eek2:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

That's how I saw it. I have a still shot of it on my FB page, but I'm not going to post because the fan is shooting a bird.
As Coach Bryant always preched, "Act like you have been there before". This is just a game, I realize that but this kid is experiencing what 1/10 of 1% of the population will ever experience. And I will promise you that CNS and his process had preached this to the freshmen from day one. Kids will make mistakes and I think from CNS even addressing it in the PC that Bo has learned his lesson.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
One of my favorite parts of that presser had nothing to do with Bo. Instead, it was this question:

Later Saban was asked about Texas A&M having so many tall receivers – Ricky Seals-Jones at 6-5, Josh Reynolds at 6-4, Edward Pope 6-4, Damion Ratley at 6-3 among them – and if there are things that can be done “scheme-wise to protect against that?”

"What do you recommend?” Saban asked. “Do we take get-taller pills?

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I rate this right up there with John Parker Wilson giving the LSU student section the hand phone gesture after scoring a TD. I just can't get all that worked up about it. It doesn't need to become a trend, but the kid doesn't need to be benched for life, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Did they show coach chewing him out? I haven't rewatched the game yet so not sure.
That was my question, too. I didn't see it. If he didn't chew on him I hope he did later. Great run, bad ending. Hopefully, he learned a lesson.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Bo Scarbrough's had an interaction with a fan at the end of the Tennessee game. Did you talk to him about that at all? How important is it to exercise composure in big games?

"I did talk to him. I talked to the whole team about it. I don't know what category you would put the conversation in, whether it was 'talking to' or we've talked about these elements of '* chewings' before. So I don't know where you would categorize that one. But look, that's a young kid that needs people to look up to in the world. Needs sports figures that he can sort of have some admiration for the way they carry themselves, the example they set, the things that they do. That was not an action that actually contributed to that in any way and it's not how we want our players to represent themselves, their family or the program."

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I posted about the guy flipping him off before he ever raised the glove in another thread several days ago. The first time I remember the :BigA: gloves was Mark Ingram displaying both palms in the end zone in Pasadena. Was sitting just to the right on about the 10. Heck, they even have framed pictures of it being sold ever since. Also, many others have flashed the :BigA: since then. I don't ever remember anyone being concerned about it. I realize this was in direct response to, and directed at a specific fan, (and it was) so the retaliatory nature of it makes it different, but if you are going to respond to someone shooting you a bird when you did absolutely nothing to warrant it, this was about as good as you can get. I think I'm going to order me one. It would definitely be an improvement over my current responses.
If that were my player, I wouldn't rip him a new one, but I would point out that the rule is he is not to have any interaction with an opposing fan or player, and since he broke that rule he has to (fill in the blanks). This would be primarily to be sure it didn't escalate to something else.
Coach em up! On to aTm, and RTR.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009

As Coach Bryant always preched, "Act like you have been there before". This is just a game, I realize that but this kid is experiencing what 1/10 of 1% of the population will ever experience. And I will promise you that CNS and his process had preached this to the freshmen from day one. Kids will make mistakes and I think from CNS even addressing it in the PC that Bo has learned his lesson.
Exactly. I want the players to get excited, but sooner or later, they're going to draw a flag for that crap, as innocent as it may be. Harrison waving his finger, Hurts acting like he's brushing dirt off his chest, come on guys, hand the official the ball, then go celebrate with your team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.