News Article: Why O.J. Howard Is Responsible For Eddie Jackson As Punt Returner

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
[FONT=&quot]O.J. Howard went up to Eddie Jackson after Jackson's punt return for a touchdown against Ole Miss.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jackson remembers an excited Howard telling him, "I told you. I told 'em. I told 'em."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It was funny," Jackson, Alabama's star senior safety and punt returner, said Wednesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There's a story behind that – and a reason why the nation's leader in punt return average says that Howard deserves credit for helping him become Alabama's punt returner.[/FONT]
Really cool behind the scenes look at how one of the best things to happen to the Tide this season came to be.

CLICK FOR FULL STORY

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I've never heard of a punt returner averaging 25.8 yards per return. That's beyond amazing.
I've said this about Eddie. If he has enough time to run say ten yards and see the field in front of him, he's about as good of an open field runner as I've ever seen.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
It would be so easy for the staff to respond to player suggestions with "Let us worry about who does what" but instead they listened, reviewed the tape and said "Hmm- we like what we see, let's see how he does." Even the mighty Alabama coaching staff is not so full of pride as to brush off the suggestion of a student-athlete.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If football playing doesn't work out for OJ, might I suggest he try football scouting as a career?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think it's really cool that:
1- the coaches are receptive to these suggestions,
2- the players are always looking for ways for the TEAM to be better,
3- the players watch film woking at EVERYTHING, not just their performance.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.