News Article: Why O.J. Howard Is Responsible For Eddie Jackson As Punt Returner

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He really has astounding vision for the plays...

Amen...

When they showed the replay of him awaiting the punt - where he purposefully took his eyes off the ball to assess whether / where he might have a running as the Viles ran toward him to cover the punt - it told me so much about him...

I used to play a bit of baseball, and when fielding a fly ball w guys on base, I would sometimes try to take a quick look as to whether the runners were tagging up, and, well, let's just say that it didn't always end w the baseball equivalent of Eddie's touchdown return...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Amen...

When they showed the replay of him awaiting the punt - where he purposefully took his eyes off the ball to assess whether / where he might have a running as the Viles ran toward him to cover the punt - it told me so much about him...

I used to play a bit of baseball, and when fielding a fly ball w guys on base, I would sometimes try to take a quick look as to whether the runners were tagging up, and, well, let's just say that it didn't always end w the baseball equivalent of Eddie's touchdown return...
Hahaha, that's what I was thinking. If he takes his eyes off the ball and fumbles one at a crucial time, I doubt anyone would see that as a good thing. However, if he continues to make returns like he has, he would definitely help his NFL chances as both a strong DB and strong return man.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
OJ Howard is a team guy. He's not getting a lot of touches but is not going around sulking. I hope the other younger guys watch and learn from him.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.