TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
No offense, but clicking that link to watch Bayless is like rubbing poison ivy on your junk.....
Wouldn't know about that, but Bayless has a mancrush on Urban Myth and Harbore. So when is 2 greater than 5? When Bayless says Urban Myth is a better coach with 2NCs versus CNS who has 5. Forrest Gump says it best, "Stupid is, as stupid does."

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wouldn't know about that, but Bayless has a mancrush on Urban Myth and Harbore. So when is 2 greater than 5? When Bayless says Urban Myth is a better coach with 2NCs versus CNS who has 5. Forrest Gump says it best, "Stupid is, as stupid does."
I agree with your point but Urban has 3 NC's.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I cannot stand these "discussions" where people yell over each other.

I don't know if Fox News or ESPN or whatever is to blame for this method of "debate", but everyone who participates in it should have their mouths bolted shut.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I cannot stand these "discussions" where people yell over each other.

I don't know if Fox News or ESPN or whatever is to blame for this method of "debate", but everyone who participates in it should have their mouths bolted shut.
Not really sure I understand using a news outlet and a sports channel here.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Not really sure I understand using a news outlet and a sports channel here.
Because the first time I noticed the trend of yelling over another person talking to "make your point" was on a Fox News show (O'Reilly). I don't if he started the trend (not just interrupting the person, but literally yelling over them to tell them they're wrong), he's just the first one I observed doing it in mainstream media. I'm stating that it might very well have started on shows like this instead.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Sip............."debate" and "Skipless Bayless" are 2 concepts that should never be in the same sentence. Ever.

Just because he went to Vandy doesn't mean that he is smart.

Or, as Joe Bob Briggs (Drive-In Movie Critic, of Grapevine, TX) would say:

"I don't want to have to 'slpain this to you again."

(He should know: they were both at the Slimes-Herald, during the same time.)
True

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
some people eat it up but i know better. it's a script just like wrestling as far as Bayless goes. and it's not just Bama football. without being a troll i doubt he'd be on national TV much less making millions or whatever he's getting

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Link to Sports Illustrated article detailing Troy Aikman's disdain for Skip Bayless, and the journalistic breach that caused it.

Short read, but provides excellent insight into how this scuzzbucket operates.

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/09/06/media-circus-troy-aikman-skip-bayless-fox-sports-1

That was a HUGE STINK in Dallas.

He is a useless attention-whore, who will say or do anything, to get attention. Unfortunately, he is not the first, and certainly will not be the last.

And some of you wonder why a lot of us avoid TV and other media.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Skip Bayless has just canonized himself in the Church of Idiots. Go ahead and put him down in the books because it's official now.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
Watched a Foxsports segment today.
The question was, "Who is the greatest college coach in America"?
Matt Leinart said, "Nick Saban"
Skip Bayless called him "Over rated" and said both Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh were better coaches.
Shannon Sharpe then stepped in, looked at Bayless and said,
"There is not one AD in America who wouldn't fire their head coach to hire Nick Saban".
I don't know if I'd go that far but I learned three things from watching.
(1) Shannon Sharpe is a big Nick Saban fan. (I had no idea)
(2) Matt Leinhart is actually pretty smart and objective.
(3) Skip Bayless is a nut.
Here's the complete segment and it's really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRdwtjZD5CE
Skip Bayless is a lot like Danny Kannell. He accepts the role of antagonist very much. It's how he has boosted his career. Trying to get responses out of people by saying irrational things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.