Shannon Sharpe Praises Coach Saban In Debate With Skip Bayless

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Debate With Skip Bayless
Sip............."debate" and "Skipless Bayless" are 2 concepts that should never be in the same sentence. Ever.

Just because he went to Vandy doesn't mean that he is smart.

Or, as Joe Bob Briggs (Drive-In Movie Critic, of Grapevine, TX) would say:

"I don't want to have to 'slpain this to you again."

(He should know: they were both at the Slimes-Herald, during the same time.)

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Coach Bryant and Coach Saban are the best ever. #1 and 1A. Not sure why they are even taking about this year.

Last edited:

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Skip's entire shtick is just generating controversial hot takes to garner attention. Clicking on that youtube link is giving him what he wants. He's the National Enquirer of talking heads, nothing to see here.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Watched a Foxsports segment today.
The question was, "Who is the greatest college coach in America"?
Matt Leinart said, "Nick Saban"
Skip Bayless called him "Over rated" and said both Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh were better coaches.
Shannon Sharpe then stepped in, looked at Bayless and said,
"There is not one AD in America who wouldn't fire their head coach to hire Nick Saban".
I don't know if I'd go that far but I learned three things from watching.
(1) Shannon Sharpe is a big Nick Saban fan. (I had no idea)
(2) Matt Leinhart is actually pretty smart and objective.
(3) Skip Bayless is a nut.
Here's the complete segment and it's really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRdwtjZD5CE
Is Bayless a barner? :cool2:

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
He makes a good living poking a stick in the anthill-de-jour. One could say that is smart. It is certainly nothing new.

Whether the degree to which it is successful is indicative of or the cause of the downfall of civil society is the only real debate-worthy issue in this. I lean toward a "yes" on all counts.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's all part of the "embrace debate" culture that ESPN created. I had hoped that FS1 would provide ESPN with legit competition when it was created. Sadly, all they've done is create ripoffs of ESPN shows that sucked, and hired away ESPN's suckiest commentators like Bayless and Cowherd.

Yes, I agree that watching a talk show where everyone agreed on everything would begin to get boring after a while. However, I disagree that debate only for debate's sake is a good thing. Honesty and Intelligence should carry the day and would create far more compelling content. This particular exchange between these three guys is an example of two people being honest and intelligent, and the third being a belligerent braying donkey. That's not compelling and that is why FS1's ratings are in the tank.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
It's all part of the "embrace debate" culture that ESPN created. I had hoped that FS1 would provide ESPN with legit competition when it was created. Sadly, all they've done is create ripoffs of ESPN shows that sucked, and hired away ESPN's suckiest commentators like Bayless and Cowherd.

Yes, I agree that watching a talk show where everyone agreed on everything would begin to get boring after a while. However, I disagree that debate only for debate's sake is a good thing. Honesty and Intelligence should carry the day and would create far more compelling content. This particular exchange between these three guys is an example of two people being honest and intelligent, and the third being a belligerent braying donkey. That's not compelling and that is why FS1's ratings are in the tank.
Yep, cowherd said that ole' gus was going to run CNS out of the SEC. How's that worked out for him?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
RE: Skip Bayless. He was only semi popular because he was on ESPN. Since switching to FS1 his ratings are terrible. More people are watching reruns of gunsmoke..

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Watched a Foxsports segment today.
The question was, "Who is the greatest college coach in America"?
Matt Leinart said, "Nick Saban"
Skip Bayless called him "Over rated" and said both Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh were better coaches.
Shannon Sharpe then stepped in, looked at Bayless and said,
"There is not one AD in America who wouldn't fire their head coach to hire Nick Saban".
I don't know if I'd go that far but I learned three things from watching.
(1) Shannon Sharpe is a big Nick Saban fan. (I had no idea)
(2) Matt Leinhart is actually pretty smart and objective.
(3) Skip Bayless is a nut.
Here's the complete segment and it's really good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRdwtjZD5CE
Skip Bayless is a professional troll. That's all that needs to be said. End of discussion. You all deserve a timeout if any of you are still watching any show that he's a part of. ;-)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.