Game Thread: VA tech vs Miami

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Not quite the end of the 1st, they're playing a Thursday night classic in Blacksburg. Tech leads by 3 with Miami threatening.

The game is on espn.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Confused by both teams right now. They've both played really well (for who they are) at times this season, and really bad at others.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just got home in time to watch the last drive by Miami - their QB had some very good throws!

Second half should be pretty good.

Interesting see Richt in something other than Georgia regalia! I hope he does well in Miami - but not that well...wink wink....

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The knock with the former Miami HC was that he had the talent but underachieved. Then Miami brings in a replacement who Georgia fans say had the talent but underachieved. I guess the next couple of years will tell the tale.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think Miami has simply hit a wall with the schedule and their talent level.

The Virginia Tech Coach (Fuente) is really doing a nice job getting that program turned back around. I think it was Krazy3 that always criticized Va Tech's potential addition to the SEC because they had only done well under Frank Beamer and there was no guarantee that would continue once he retired. Also, the rest of their sports programs weren't really up to par, which is true. But I think Fuente is going to prove that Beamer turned Virginia Tech into a legit really good football program. The whole expansion ship has sailed, I think, but I'll continue to watch them with interest. I've always liked their program.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I think Miami has simply hit a wall with the schedule and their talent level.

The Virginia Tech Coach (Fuente) is really doing a nice job getting that program turned back around. I think it was Krazy3 that always criticized Va Tech's potential addition to the SEC because they had only done well under Frank Beamer and there was no guarantee that would continue once he retired. Also, the rest of their sports programs weren't really up to par, which is true. But I think Fuente is going to prove that Beamer turned Virginia Tech into a legit really good football program. The whole expansion ship has sailed, I think, but I'll continue to watch them with interest. I've always liked their program.
My wife's family all graduated from VA Tech so I'm a surrogate fan of their program. They could get really good with Fuente on offense and Foster on defense. Foster's defense just needs a better front 4 - he doesn't currently have the "dudes" necessary. His secondary play's a lot like ours does schematically and he has had some top-notch DB's.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.