Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread Bama vs. TAMU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
They said Blake was playing the role of knight thismweek in practice lol Love it!!!!
Probably in an effort to rest Hurts that much more. I know he's also been the defense qb that they've been practicing against this season.

I'm glad for it, cause in years past, Alabama couldn't replicate in practice conditions what they would see from a Dobbs, knight, our Kelly, etc. That's not a problem anymore.

Damn I love the University of Alabama!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, bet on that rule getting KO'd if Alabama has a good day today. :D

Marshawn Lynch participated in a practice at Cal earlier this year by the way. Gotta say, I wouldn't relish that dude as my scout team RB if I was on defense.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wouldn't be surprised if Blake "invited himself" practice one more time this season if we end up in the playoffs. We're short at QB and our best non-starter who could sorta mimic dual threat QBs was the one who took the ball and went to the house.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Have to disagree with David Pollack there. This is NOT the auburn offense. It's vastly different- on many levels.

One obvious difference- we don't have a goober running up and down the sideline yelling GO! GO! GO! after every play.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Have to disagree with David Pollack there. This is NOT the auburn offense. It's vastly different- on many levels.

One obvious difference- we don't have a goober running up and down the sideline yelling GO! GO! GO! after every play.
Yep. The Alabama offense is a lot more versatile than what the AU offense has been under Malzahn. We have a lot more pro style elements and not as much hurry up..

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Yep. The Alabama offense is a lot more versatile than what the AU offense has been under Malzahn. We have a lot more pro style elements and not as much hurry up..
Yes. And we can switch- often times within the same series- from uptempo spread to a 2 tight end power look on the fly...and be just as successful.

It's much closer to modern pro-style, with the added elements of the zone read, than anything the barn does.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah who is that?!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
The black guy with Sam ponder or Reece every week who talks exclusively about a qb camp he runs. He is clearly good at his job (he worked with Sims the summer before he became our qb), but he has NO placeon tv.....It's painful to watch him talk.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Wouldn't be surprised if Blake "invited himself" practice one more time this season if we end up in the playoffs. We're short at QB and our best non-starter who could sorta mimic dual threat QBs was the one who took the ball and went to the house.
Would certainly make sense if we have to play Clemson and Deshaun Watson again. Jalen played the role of him last season but obviously cannot now.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Haha that was a good bit by Corso. I thought he was gonna go with A&M for a sec.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I will have to follow the score on my phone. I am in Kentucky for the Jax State game.

Roll Tide and Go Gamecocks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.