Game Thread Arkansas vs Auburn

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I thought Arkansas would at least show up for the game. Wow, now we will have to hear about how AU whupped Arky and Bama let them score 30 points. ugh!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
High school? Thought they might at least be average. They did beat Ole Miss last week, after all.

Pretty clear they're fools gold now though.
Arkie looked like a team that was assembled in the parking lot 5 minutes before the game. It was just embarrassing and ole bert should be fired tonight.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
High school? Thought they might at least be average. They did beat Ole Miss last week, after all.

Pretty clear they're fools gold now though.
No, I meant no disrespect. Those numbers were great playing against Arkansas. I haven't seen some of these numbers put up by many teams on Saturdays even against weaker competition, much less an SEC team.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
No, I meant no disrespect. Those numbers were great playing against Arkansas. I haven't seen some of these numbers put up by many teams on Saturdays even against weaker competition, much less an SEC team.
I just don't know what to make of them. I thought we might have been better, but if you'd told me 53 points and 500 rushing yards better last week, I'd have called you crazy.

Such is the game though.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I just don't know what to make of them. I thought we might have been better, but if you'd told me 53 points and 500 rushing yards better last week, I'd have called you crazy.

Such is the game though.
That is why the college game is so exciting. These kids that we watch every weekend have such peaks and valleys during the year, you just hope they have more peaks than valleys and against the right teams.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I hate Auburn as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to trash them tonight.

This Arkansas team was legitimately beat up, and coming off an emotional win. It was prime for a let down...but Auburn absolutely destroyed them.

They may not be as talented as LSU, but they are the toughest team left on the schedule.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This wasn't a letdown game for Arkansas as much as it was Auburn being thoroughly better than Arkansas. All Auburn's strengths lined up with Arkansas's weaknesses and it was made apparent early and often.

I'll always call a spade a spade. Auburn is one of the better teams in this conference in 2016. There aren't many complete teams out there, so if you can run and play defense week to week then you're in good shape to be no worse than 8-4 this year. I can't emphasize enough how much of a dumpster fire the vast majority of this conference is this year.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This wasn't a letdown game for Arkansas as much as it was Auburn being thoroughly better than Arkansas. All Auburn's strengths lined up with Arkansas's weaknesses and it was made apparent early and often.

I'll always call a spade a spade. Auburn is one of the better teams in this conference in 2016. There aren't many complete teams out there, so if you can run and play defense week to week then you're in good shape to be no worse than 8-4 this year. I can't emphasize enough how much of a dumpster fire the vast majority of this conference is this year.
I called a spade a spade last week when I said auburn would beat Arkansas and most on here were incredulous. Some posters on here simply cannot admit how a team can start off slow and improve during the course of the season which is exactly what has happened at auburn. Do I think auburn will be us, No but they will in all likelihood run the table until the IB. You can stick a fork in Arky, OM and probably UGA. OM cannot stop the run and neither can UGA and like it or not the auburn defense is playing lights out right now. Objectivity is in short supply on here sometimes.

EDIT: The real reason auburn has improved is that Gus has ditched his usual visor for a full cap.

Last edited:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
People laughed when I said Bret's seat is warm. After this game and that 56-3 wooping by the hands of Barn, its scalding hot now.

People laughed when I said Bret's seat is warm. After this game and that 56-3 wooping by the hands of Barn, its scalding hot now.
Yeah it's hot. I thought Arky would win, but this game shows just how long Aubren has come. They caught Arky at the right time too. Back to back to back to back tough games and you still have to play Florida. I thought we needed a bye. It's Arkansas that needs one.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I didn't get to see this game yesterday, because I was in T-Town. I do think Auburn has improved largely due to the fact that they finally settled on one QB. When they were shuffling between to QB's neither could ever get into a rhythm, now they are getting much better QB play from Sean White. I base this on what I saw before yesterday.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.