Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. TAMU...

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Hope the light really comes on for Tony Brown, now that he'll likely be thrust into a larger role. He certainly has the physical tools.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Run

The

Dang

Ball

Lane
had we not got bailed out by the roughing the passer, I would've made him walk back to the complex with a text message that read "at least we aren't at LAX". lol

That's really my only complaint about Lane is his tendency to let the RBs disappear when three 4=yard runs would be a great confidence builder/supplier of calm.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I thought the play calling was pretty good between the 20s but we got to cute in the red zone. 1st and goal at the 2 yard line and we run a QB sweep to the wide side of the field right at Myles Garrett. Doesn't make any sense when we were getting easy yards up the middle. Better play calling in the red zone and the game would have been more of a blowout.

Defense played really well other than the mental bust on 4th down when nobody accounted for Knight on the zone read keeper. Need to have that cleaned up by the time we play AU. Their offense is based on zone read..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm surprised that we didn't use the sweep and screen much but I'm wondering if they suspected that Hall and Garrett would play those "greedy" for tips, fumbles, TFLs, and interceptions? A few times in the game I thought getting some horizontal stretch was critical but the closest thing we got was roll outs to the H-B.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'm surprised that we didn't use the sweep and screen much but I'm wondering if they suspected that Hall and Garrett would play those "greedy" for tips, fumbles, TFLs, and interceptions? A few times in the game I thought getting some horizontal stretch was critical but the closest thing we got was roll outs to the H-B.
I thought it would work- but honestly running it up the gut was working fine as well. Downfield was also pretty open. Wonder what sort of work they will have for Jalen during the bye?

tidegrandpa

All-American
A broken bone takes 8-12 weeks to heal properly. Plus it's a leg break not an arm break so not really comparable to Drake last year. Drake was able to play because it was a clean break & the dr. put both screws and plates to reinforce it. In short, he's done.

ETA: the NC game is 12 weeks away so I guess it's possible to play then.

I broke a leg in high school ball in late late October, was running in December. Knowing the nature of mine assumes nothing of EJ's.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I thought it would work- but honestly running it up the gut was working fine as well. Downfield was also pretty open. Wonder what sort of work they will have for Jalen during the bye?

I agree 100%..When we can blow D's off the LOS running between tackles life we effectively did early in the game..I wish we would've went back to it more than we did in the 2nd half, if for anything else, breaking the will of the D as they begin to suck wind..But..That's just me being nitpicky & will take a win no matter what plays Coach Kiffin calls..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
We should do everything in our power to get Eddie ready for the NFL combine.
We owe it to him to give him the best chance at making it in the NFL.
AND, we shouldn't expect him to contribute to our team again this year.
He's a great one.
His future is all that matters.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I thought we looked kind of flat; but did what champions do and toughed out the win.

Hate it for Eddie. He's had a great career. Hope he can be ready by the combine.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Reuben Foster had a great game and has become everything people dreamed he might be. He is unbelievable. LOL, remember a couple years back when he was out of control and one could wonder if he might never figure it out? That's what maturity can do for guy; and it has been all to his benefit to come to Alabama and sit behind mature players and develop his game instead of going somewhere to get early playing time.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I thought we looked kind of flat; but did what champions do and toughed out the win.

Hate it for Eddie. He's had a great career. Hope he can be ready by the combine.
We were beyond intense on defense until Adam missed the chip shot. That was a huge play and killed us for quarter or so.
We need a kicker.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.