What happened to Eddie Jackson? (fractured leg)

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Re: What happened to Eddie Jackson?

I'm sick for Eddie, especially since he's a senior. How do y'all think this will affect his draft status? What will this do to his chances in the NFL?

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga

That was #6 that threw the punch, who got ejected. The guy that tackled EJ went high. Just be glad it's not worse. He should be able to recover without any problems and play again. RTR
Beginning of the game CB punched One of our guys after the play. Several cheap shots out of bounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

isn't this injury 6-8 weeks? There's an outside shot hes back from the SECCG isn't there? Playoff for sure?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

There is no mention of damage beyond the fractured bone -- no soft tissue problems have been brought up.

Point being, he might or might not be available if we make the playoff. But his pro career shouldn't be affected at all.

Best wishes for a fast recovery.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN

I hope he doesn't try to rush back. I just hope he's back full strength in time to impress the pro scouts.

In the meantime, I think Coach Saban just added another assistant coach. Eddie will still be a part of this team.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Has there been confirmation that it's the fibula or is that just speculation because he was able to walk off?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

If anyone would like to send a card to Eddie Jackson, you may do so at:
Eddie Jackson
The University of Alabama
Crimson Tide Football
Box 870323
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487-0323
Consecutive replies to phantom statements which have not been made , such as "no chance to win the west" and "You're right , we're done" makes YOU very close to being done ....
Mods/admin, any chance of putting this mailing info as a sticky or a standalone thread? I think many would like to know it but worry it'll be buried on the thread.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Earle since you are our resident broken bone expert comment if you will.

It seems the staff has widely accepted that Eddie won't be back at all.

If it is the fibula this is not the primary weight bearing bone in the lower leg. Is not possible that Eddie could have surgery for pins and plates to stabilize the fracture and put him on some electromagnetic therapy to stimulate bone healing to shorten the healing timeframe?

Or does the presence of pins and plates impair his mobility to a degree that it could cost him money in the combine and draft? If that is the case I can see why they are saying he is done. But it sure would be nice to have him available for the CFP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
My nephew had a similar "twist break" injury in his arm (I know, it's not a weight bearing bone) and it took surgery with pins and 8 weeks for him to be cleared to play sports. I'm not a leg break expert, but based on that, I would expect at a minimum, 8 weeks but more like 10-12? Anyone else have any insight?

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
#6 was due several PF flags that he didn't get for pushing swatting, etc., which may or may not have affected his decision to target DH. And it definitely was intentional. I saw no real issue in any other play, of the tackle of Eddie. Best wishes to him.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
My nephew had a similar "twist break" injury in his arm (I know, it's not a weight bearing bone) and it took surgery with pins and 8 weeks for him to be cleared to play sports. I'm not a leg break expert, but based on that, I would expect at a minimum, 8 weeks but more like 10-12? Anyone else have any insight?
Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb suffered a broken fibula in 2013 and missed 10 weeks. Terell Owens broke his fibula and tore ligaments in his ankle and played 5 weeks later.

Several others have been back within 8 weeks. Therefore, I'm sure Nick and Jeremy are planning not to have him and are going to get Hootie and Tony Brown ready while they let the doctors and Scott Cochran do their thing.

If we advance to the playoff, he stands a good chance of being on the field if it is a simple break.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

At least we sent him out chanting his name. I knew as soon as he was tackled that he either broke his leg down near the ankle, or he blew a knee. I'm surprised he limped off the field, that had to have hurt. Man I hate he is out, you could tell he loved Bama and Bama loved him.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Saban said he was done for the season, so I'm not having any dreams about seeing Jackson on the field this season through whatever post-season opportunities they create for themselves. It is so sad. He was a great ambassador and leader for the program...and electric whenever he gets the ball in his hands.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Saban said he was done for the season, so I'm not having any dreams about seeing Jackson on the field this season through whatever post-season opportunities they create for themselves. It is so sad. He was a great ambassador and leader for the program...and electric whenever he gets the ball in his hands.
Saban is being pragmatic, but unless the injury is worse than reported there is a very real chance that you could see him in some capacity in the playoffs. But I agree that he deserves a great deal of respect for what he has done while at Alabama. The good news - his leadership will still be in evidence through the rest of the season. You can bet that he isn't going to let this secondary slack off.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Impossible to say until the actual injury is disclosed. "Broken/fractured leg" can mean many things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.