What happened to Eddie Jackson? (fractured leg)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Recovery time depends primarily on the fracture location. A mid shaft non displaced fracture of the fibula could heal in 6 weeks.

Something lower down closer to the ankle (looking at the replay that seems more likely) could require pin/plate placement and could take 10 weeks or more.

As a side note, a fracture (hairline) of the fibula was what Bryant supposedly played with in the game against Tennessee in 1935. When asked why he had played he said "well it was just one little bone...."

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Recovery time depends primarily on the fracture location. A mid shaft non displaced fracture of the fibula could heal in 6 weeks.

Something lower down closer to the ankle (looking at the replay that seems more likely) could require pin/plate placement and could take 10 weeks or more.

As a side note, a fracture (hairline) of the fibula was what Bryant supposedly played with in the game against Tennessee in 1935. When asked why he had played he said "well it was just one little bone...."
I suspect we will know in a couple of days when he is seen either walking or on crutches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Re: What happened to Eddie Jackson?

I would rather have Saban say he's done but get a nice surprise than he can be good to go for playoffs than to be told he'll be back but not see him again.
I would too, but I don't want to jeopardize Eddie's NFL future either. He's had a Kenyan Drake'esque journey with his injuries in HS and college. I want nothing but the best for that young man. He has been an abosolute work horse for Bama and a great leader. I hope he heals up and has a great showing in the combines.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Remember the issues Eddie had when he first came to Bama? And now a leader on the team and someone that will be missed. He's came a long way.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Tyrann Mathieu ‏@Mathieu_Era Oct 22
Praying for the savage @EJackson_4

Not sure how to copy/paste tweets....but the HoneyBadger with a nice one

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I am so happy to hear that he is projected to have a full recovery and this shouldn't effect future nfl career!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Tyrann Mathieu ‏@Mathieu_Era Oct 22
Praying for the savage @EJackson_4

Not sure how to copy/paste tweets....but the HoneyBadger with a nice one

Talk about someone who changed their path as well with Mathieu. He seems to have changed things even though I thought he wouldn't/couldn't. That's what I hated about Eddie, after the auBARN game everyone thought he was finished and man did he turn things around!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.