Good, bad, ugly: TAMU edition

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Good: a win against the #6 team

Bad: the refs refusing to call holding

Ugly: Eddie's injury. We may have just lost a shot at a national championship.
Sure Hope the team doesn't feel this way. I seem to recall a team winning a national title with a 3rd string QB not too long ago. Here's to our guys being ready to answer the call like that team was.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We only have two 3-year players, that were 4/5 stars out of high school, and have some game experience behind Eddie Jackson.

The injury stings but it isn't necessarily crippling unless these guys come up short of the standard.
the bye week is going to help too.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Sure Hope the team doesn't feel this way. I seem to recall a team winning a national title with a 3rd string QB not too long ago. Here's to our guys being ready to answer the call like that team was.
the way they played for Drake....they will do so even more for Eddie

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Good: The W and still unbeaten. Bye week next week PTL - the guys have played 3 tough games in a row and need a break. ATM #6 was up in the faces of Bama players from the start and he deserved being thrown out of the game. #93's second TD of the season. Ten games in a row with a NOT.

Bad: Jalen needs to work on touch on his long throws as he is overthrowing them by quite aways-- will certainly come with experience. Getting to the red zone without TD's.

Ugly: Eddie's injury. Has the leg fx been confirmed? Next one up. Getting yet another team coming off a bye week.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
No. 6 for the Aggies takes all three categories ... clearly a talented player who was out of control from the kickoff on. There were at least three other incidents of head-hunting. Fortunately the last one was caught on a main camera.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Good: OJ's increased offensive presence. Way to take it to em with energy and physicality, Big Fella.
Bad: I thought the tackle on Eddie was borderline dirty, as close to a horse collar as it gets.
Ugly: Adam needs to improve. Period.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Good- and to me it's BIG...getting OJ the ball. A&M simply had no way to stop it. Honestly, that, quick hitches out wide, and running the ball are all we have to do to move the ball and win. Sometime Kiffy gets too cute and outsmarts himself.

Bad- inconsistent FG kicker. We're going to need 99 down the stretch. Hopefully he can get it together soon.

Ugly- losing EJ. Save for QB I think that losing him is huge. Like others have mentioned though, the team LOVES EJ and will buckle down big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Good - A convincing win over the #6 team, another NOT!
Bad - Eddie's injury, I feel so bad for Eddie, poor red-zone offense.
Ugly - End of first half to beginning of second half, letting A&M come back to take a 14-13 lead even though Bama was dominating at that point.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Good: Our pass rush is awesome

Bad: Passing downfield. We got so many weapons on offense. If we had a downfield passing game we'd be unstoppable. Thank goodness Jalen helps make up for it right now with poise and running.

Ugly: FG kicking. I continue to cringe every time.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Good: a solid win over a top 10 foe, sole position of 1st place in the west, the weather

Bad: abandoning the run in the red zone, missing chip shot fg's

Ugly: the amount of money Sumlin gets for what he produces

Weird/awkward: a burst water main in downtown Tuscaloosa meant no water pressure in BDS so the bathrooms were... well, you can imagine. However, apparently some of the men's restrooms were in better shape than some of the women's, so, there were women that had commandeered in the stalls in the men's restroom. Their waiting line began inside the restroom - so it was weird trying to do your business with all those women about, lol.

A note on Hurts deep throws, I think he is getting better but obviously not there yet. Earlier in the season nearly all of his deep throws were underthrown, now more of them are overthrown. Here's hoping that with 2 more weeks of practice he'll be on target in the L5U game.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
good: a dominating win over an undefeated team, covering a 19-point spread over said team

bad: watching eddie's bama career end like that, he's been a good one.

ugly: despite the dominating win and covering the 19 point spread (which caused a decent amount of hand wringing last week) and doing so in the game before the bye (where we have traditionally struggled to have a good performance), someone sent out the eeyore signal over gotham and now we get an extra week of worry warts telling us all of the ways alabama might lose.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Good: Watching the game and being in the match threads at the same time - the explanations and comments really help.

Bad: The injury and the fact I'm starting to hear/spot 'anti-bama' commentating and officiating (shouldn't happen to a casual fan who started following 3yrs ago).

Ugly: Gary Danielson - call it both ways Gary, just try it, just for one week, you never know you might like it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.