How will the secondary be reshuffled?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
We have two weeks to try to fill his spot but can't be replaced: his best attribute was on field leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Angry question: Is/was Maurice Smith a hybrid cornerback/safety or a true cornerback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
I wonder if they are considering moving Minkah to Eddie's spot at safety and putting Tony at star/nickel corner? Anthony Averett has been playing well at the outside CB. Seems like there was some discussion last season that Minkah could play safety...not sure how much time he's practiced there though. But we know he is very smart and a very fast learner. And he also played some safety in high school.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I wonder if they are considering moving Minkah to Eddie's spot at safety and putting Tony at star/nickel corner? Anthony Averett has been playing well at the outside CB. Seems like there was some discussion last season that Minkah could play safety...not sure how much time he's practiced there though. But we know he is very smart and a very fast learner. And he also played some safety in high school.
I thought about this too. It would seem to make sense.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
There's potentially two parts to the question: Assuming Hootie moves into starting role in base and nickel, who takes Hooties role in Dime, which we have played a LOT this year?

it could push us to have two guys playing in different spots than they were before or do we slide hootie back to his spot in dime for that package and have someone else at the SS spot so we've only got one guy at a new spot in each package.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The approach yesterday was Tony Brown in, Jones back to a true safety position.
There's potentially two parts to the question: Assuming Hootie moves into starting role in base and nickel, who takes Hooties role in Dime, which we have played a LOT this year?

it could push us to have two guys playing in different spots than they were before or do we slide hootie back to his spot in dime for that package and have someone else at the SS spot so we've only got one guy at a new spot in each package.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.