How will the secondary be reshuffled?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I assume Hootie Jones slides into Eddie's spot. Is it as simple as that? Where will the trickle down depth concern come from? Who plays in the dime now?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
To be fair, our front 7 tends to make lives in the D-back field easy with all that pressure, so really, our front can mask a lot of defensive backfield deficiencies that we may not even be seeing much of right now. . We'll miss Eddie for sure, but I think we'll miss Eddie in the punt return game more then at Safety. I have faith in Hootie.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Who will return punts?
Marks or Diggs I think. Probably Marks. Diggs will be the backup safety now, so they may want to avoid the injury risk.

I think Hootie Jones may get the nod but Tony Brown could be used at times too...especially when they need split safety and a bit more range.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Or him.

But my guess is Stewart.
Xavier Marks???
Marks or Diggs I think. Probably Marks. Diggs will be the backup safety now, so they may want to avoid the injury risk.

I think Hootie Jones may get the nod but Tony Brown could be used at times too...especially when they need split safety and a bit more range.
It seems like praying Stewart back there is asking for trouble. Time for diggs and marks

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
So CNS says he's out for season, typical recovery time for fibula is 6-8....is coach not saying he's a possibility for the playoff for the obvious coach speak reasons?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So CNS says he's out for season, typical recovery time for fibula is 6-8....is coach not saying he's a possibility for the playoff for the obvious coach speak reasons?
Nah.Let's say it's healed around Mid November. Could he return in time for SEC Championship? Playoff? I seriously doubt it, but who knows?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The team is in a good position to compete for a NC without the possible risk of further injuring him later in the season. Even if he heals ahead of schedule, I would think he would still be encouraged to sit out.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Hope this doesn't hurt Eddie's draft stock to much. One of the risks of coming back. However, probably made himself a lot of money by showing the versatility to return punts..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Guys, we will be fine. Good thing that we have a bye week coming up, and that's huge for the team because Saban/Pruitt will figure out who's the best man available to take Eddie's spot. If there was a game next week, I would be very concerned, but I think We'll be okay. Huge loss, but I think we can migrate it a little bit. Also, you never know with Eddie, So let's continue to keep him in our prayers and just be glad we have a bye week coming up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.