Game thread: Penn State vs OSU

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree. Not broken up over the missed call. Looked like a good play at full speed.

The sun will rise tomorrow, and hope lives. No safety net the rest of the way.
True, all you all have to do is keep playing and win out. You still have a great chance of making it, especially if you all beat Michigan. PLEASE beat Michigan. (I'm a MSU fan outside of Bama lol)

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
HAHAHAHAHA I just woke up and saw the score. I love it! My boss is a big OSU fan, and ever since 2014, I want them to lose early and often, so I don't have to hear him crowing.

Sorry B1G, nothing against you and it's too bad my boss has to be for your team otherwise I wouldn't care.

Last edited:

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Ohio State should drop further in the polls than Texas A&M....but they probably won't.
Seeing as they lost to an unranked PSU team that got man-handled by Michigan, I can see them dropping to about 9-10.

Edit: This win also puts PSU ahead of OSU in the B1G East standings (head to head, but technically tied). If OSU beat UM and all 3 teams won the rest of their games, I wonder who would go to the B1G Championship.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Seeing as they lost to an unranked PSU team that got man-handled by Michigan, I can see them dropping to about 9-10.

Edit: This win also puts PSU ahead of OSU in the B1G East standings (head to head, but technically tied). If OSU beat UM and all 3 teams won the rest of their games, I wonder who would go to the B1G Championship.
OSU would - best overall record is one of the tie breakers in the B1G, so PSU gets knocked out, then it becomes head to head.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Ohio State's issue this year, is that they don't have a legit game breaker at WR which is odd for them. Outside of Samuel, they don't have a lot of speed on offense. Their WR's have issues getting away from coverage and getting open. Its been a trend all season long. Barnett is a good QB, but hes not the kind of QB that can consistently throw balls into tight coverage for completions.

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The reason I was watching was the away game win record they talked up with Ohio State vs Alabama. The click bait drew me in like a fish.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Asinine...
Well it could keep a fluke win by an undeserving team from representing a division, but remember the BIG 10 used to let the team that had not played in the Rose Bowl the previous year determine the tie breaker.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Well it could keep a fluke win by an undeserving team from representing a division, but remember the BIG 10 used to let the team that had not played in the Rose Bowl the previous year determine the tie breaker.
I kind of agree that it's a bad idea to use overall record, which includes OOC games to determine the conference championship game teams. You could have two teams play the absolute worst OOC teams and have a 3-0 record, where 1 team may have played a really good team and lost, so their record is 2-1.

Now in the case that I mentioned previously where B1G said PSU would get knocked out, if PSU was the one that lost to an exceptional team while OSU and UM played nobodies, how would you feel? Now the thing is, they lost to Pitt, which is not an exceptional team, but the fact still remains that OOC games should not be included in the tie breaker imo.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Non-conference games should have no bearing on who goes to the CONFERENCE championship.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Yesterday was Mrs. Reb's and my anniversary. After the Bama game, we went out to dinner, etc.. I caught a glimpse of the game on a tv there and PSU had just gone up 3-0. Naturally, when we got home, I wasn't about to turn our tv back on...:wink:
So this morning I learned that an unranked PSU team upset #2 OSU (for which there is no excuse at this point in the season), and that the Cubbies won as well. The end times are upon us, folks.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Buckeyes will still be in the playoffs. They are that good.

BTW.....Penn State got away with a huge non-PI call at the end. Shocking - given how accurate our officiating has been this season!
Apparently got away with a bunch of them. One penalty called on PSU.:rolleyes: tOSU has now replaced Bama at #128 on Opponent Penalties PG and Opponent Penalty Yards PG.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-penalties-per-game

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-penalty-yards-per-game

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Apparently got away with a bunch of them. One penalty called on PSU.:rolleyes: tOSU has now replaced Bama at #128 on Opponent Penalties PG and Opponent Penalty Yards PG.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-penalties-per-game

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-penalty-yards-per-game
It defies logic that opponents of the top two teams in the country can block, cover, rush, and execute easily enough that they don't incur penalties. How on earth do we win if we are that easy to deal with?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.