Game thread: Penn State vs OSU

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah, I think you're right, unfortunately. It was just a missed call then. A big missed one though!
Herbstreit, one of the biggest OSU fans, didn't think the PI was a penalty. I kind of agree. You could watch the LOS in super slow mo after every play and find a holding call..

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Whether or not it was called.....it's still pass interference.

The fact that it was not called does not mean it didn't happen.

It just wasn't called.

I realize the refs can't catch everything in a game but it's 2016 and the system is still screwed up, despite the technical advancements we now have with instant replay and camera technology.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
There was no excuse to lose that game for tOSU. Penn St. is horrible and they should have had their doors blown off. If I were on the committee the acorns would not be back in playoff contention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
This is a shame for our B1GTide brother, but, speaking parochially, this is a useful result. It begins the process of giving us a bit of slack if we need to sustain a loss into our schedule.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
BTW - The B1G changed the tie breaker with the advent of the playoff. Why? Because every win and every loss matters to the playoff committee. The goal of the conference is to get the conference champ into the playoff.

You risk getting left out of the B1GCG if you play a tough OOC opponent, but you risk getting left out of the playoff for scheduling reasons if you do not schedule a tough OOC opponent. The B1G believes that the two balance one another out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.