Kentucky has sole possession for 2nd place in the SECE

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

I know this won't last but right now UK has sole possession of 2nd place in the SECE after the W over MSU. This shows what kind of train wreck that division is right now:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The ending of that game was pretty epic. Happy for Coach Stoops to get that win. Time management wasn't ideal but his QB, WR, and kicker bailed him out!

I agree....the SEC East is pitiful this season!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
When you hear "Kentucky football fans wondering if their head coach should be fired" you usually don't expect to hear "Kentucky sole possession of 2nd in the East" heading into the last week of October.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In case of a three-way tie with us and the two barns, the tie-break is your East opponents SEC record. So this is good for us.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
After another week, they're still in second place. And, with UT getting beat there is a real path to ATL. Here's what it would take:
1. UK beating UT & UGA which is doable with the way those teams are playing.
2. UF drops games to LSU & ARK. This is not likely as I don't see the razorbacks beating the Gators & UF will get LSU after they've been processed. This is not impossible but unlikely.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
After another week, they're still in second place. And, with UT getting beat there is a real path to ATL. Here's what it would take:
1. UK beating UT & UGA which is doable with the way those teams are playing.
2. UF drops games to LSU & ARK. This is not likely as I don't see the razorbacks beating the Gators & UF will get LSU after they've been processed. This is not impossible but unlikely.

Florida isn't guaranteed any of their 3 remaining SEC games. Arkansas has the type of offense that can hurt them, so don't pencil that in as a win so quick. LSU WILL beat Florida if today is any indication of how good Florida is. So I think it's a fair chance that Florida drop 2 SEC games.

Tennessee is effectively out unless they win out and beat Kentucky while Florida loses 2 games. If that happens then they win it anyways because UK would have 2 divisional loses and the head to head against Florida goes to Tennessee. So there can't be a real controversy with a three way tie like there can be in the west.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In case of a three-way tie with us and the two barns, the tie-break is your East opponents SEC record. So this is good for us.

If we lose to the barn I would almost rather not go to the SECG, but yes you are correct and the barn would be the first eliminated from contention unless UGA can have less loses than Tennessee because us and aTm both would have more eastern opponents wins than UGA. Along with USCe and UK having more wins than Vandy. It would force a head to head between us and aTm at that point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.