Are LSU fans just gluttons for punishment. Yet another "We want Bama" chant

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: Are LSU fans just gluttons for punishment. Yet another "We want Bama" chant

Believe me, I know having lived there. These people are nuts. They win a couple of ball games and it`s, " That`s it. It`s over. National champs. " Kind of like barners that I know. The term " cautiously optimistic " is unknown to them. They are also the poorest, least gracious winners I`ve ever encountered.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

Ole Miss d-line looked like swiss cheese against them. Fournette and Guice are good, but they will face tougher defensive competition in two weeks.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

We had planned on attending this game with some friends from el Paso.....but the closer it gets, it seems far more unlikely. It would be one thing to go there with them in the downward spiral.....another thing with this overwhelming resurgence of LSUness

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Ole Miss d-line looked like swiss cheese against them. Fournette and Guice are good, but they will face tougher defensive competition in two weeks.
Agree. On fournettes touchdowns he wasn't touched. You have to prevent him from ever getting started. He is so sudden. once he gets about three steps it's over. The ole miss defense opened up for him big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Agree. On fournettes touchdowns he wasn't touched. You have to prevent him from ever getting started. He is so sudden. once he gets about three steps it's over. The ole miss defense opened up for him big time.

So we relegate him to "two-nette", again

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Even though our defense is great, I think it will be harder to stop Fournette this year than last year due to their coaching, new scheme on offense, and the fact we have to play there at night. Last year all we really had to worry about was Fournette and the predictable play calling. Now they have a decent QB that we have to account for and better play calling. And, Eddie getting hurt will affect us more than we realize. I do hope Jalen can improve in his passing game. We have been hoping that for weeks now, but to me he has not improved much with passing. I still think he is great and love seeing him play though.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al

All fournette need to remember is last year for the nightmares to begin again 38 yards I believe??

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Even though our defense is great, I think it will be harder to stop Fournette this year than last year due to their coaching, new scheme on offense, and the fact we have to play there at night. Last year all we really had to worry about was Fournette and the predictable play calling. Now they have a decent QB that we have to account for and better play calling. And, Eddie getting hurt will affect us more than we realize. I do hope Jalen can improve in his passing game. We have been hoping that for weeks now, but to me he has not improved much with passing. I still think he is great and love seeing him play though.
Well you can take this to the bank:
the barn and the who's ran to win their games yesterday, big time, against less than stellar defenses. If Bama doesn't stop their run games Bama doesn't win. By stop I mean less than 150 yds; if either goes over 200 yds rushing against Bama they'll do it against the best rushing defense in the country.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I think it will be harder, but not because of coaching...but for three reasons.

1. LSU will focus on getting Fournette going because of LY (revenge)
2. We don't have the "meat" we had LY.....Reed and Robinson were built to stop LF....this years DL is built to stop the option
3. This is a make/break game for LSU....season all comes down to this game

Bama should go all in to stop LF....let their QB beat you....if he can

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

What else would we expect from the corn dogs? :rolleyes:

We'll have to show up prepared. And we will. Coach "O" will have them emotionally fired up but I expect more of the same as we've seen the last couple games. Eddie not being on the field is a big deal but we have 2 weeks to get Hootie and Tony ready to go. And they will be 'cuz Eddie is a leader. He'll be deeply involved in the transition.

Etling will have a rude awakening. Ole Miss defense is good but they ain't Bama. I ain't worried.

RTR!!!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

When are these teams going to learn? Chanting "We Want Bama" is like looking in the mirror and saying "Candy Man, Candy Man, Candy Man!" That never ends well!

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

I think it will be harder, but not because of coaching...but for three reasons.

1. LSU will focus on getting Fournette going because of LY (revenge)
2. We don't have the "meat" we had LY.....Reed and Robinson were built to stop LF....this years DL is built to stop the option
3. This is a make/break game for LSU....season all comes down to this game

Bama should go all in to stop LF....let their QB beat you....if he can
They also have a healthy FB and a threat behind Fournette. I still think we win big as both QBs are average.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Be careful what you wish for.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

It's going to be a closer game than we care for cause the Cajun's are playing on an emotional high to get the "Interim" tag took off Coach O's job description..But..We will shut Fournot & their running game down, we will win by 10-14pts pulling away late..Their D will keep it close for a bit..

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

I truly Think that our offense is the key to both of these games. What I mean is that our offense must sustain drives and stay on the field and let our defense rest in between getting pounded by their running games.

If we get repeated quick three and outs then we may have ourselves a problem

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Yep some barner friends on facebook are already saying "I hope we get Bama undefeated so we can ruin their season". Yea ok, sure.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Yep some barner friends on facebook are already saying "I hope we get Bama undefeated so we can ruin their season". Yea ok, sure.
This is what rivalry teams dream of in seasons like this. If the shoe were on the other foot, wouldn't you want Alabama to ruin Auburn's season?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.