18. Tennessee
19. LSU
20. Western Michigan
21. North Carolina
22. Navy
23. Colorado
24. Virginia Tech
25. Penn State

I'm genuinely shocked penn st only got 25 and osu only fell to 6 after an unranked loss.

Of note, ol miss is missing

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Interestingly the top 4 teams now are the four teams I've felt for weeks will be in the playoff. I'd like to see Ohio State knock off Michigan because I don't care for Jim Harbaugh but I don't think it will happen though.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Interestingly the top 4 teams now are the four teams I've felt for weeks will be in the playoff. I'd like to see Ohio State knock off Michigan because I don't care for Jim Harbaugh but I don't think it will happen though.

Props for having had put it so diplomatically...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If Michigan goes into the shoe and beats them then Harbaugh might be the next great coach. I just don't see them doing it. tOSU wins that game by 13.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If Michigan goes into the shoe and beats them then Harbaugh might be the next great coach. I just don't see them doing it. tOSU wins that game by 13.
I hope you're right. I know if Michigan goes to the playoff many football pundits will say Harbaugh is the next Nick Saban. I would never make that comparison though. Harbaugh should learn to show some class when he has a game well in hand. A few weeks ago he embarrasses Rutgers 78-0 then against Illinois he calls a fake punt while up 34-0 in the 4th quarter.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
1. Alabama - 60 first-place votes
2. Michigan - 1 first-place vote
3. Clemson
4. Washington

25. Penn State

I'm genuinely shocked penn st only got 25 and osu only fell to 6 after an unranked loss.

Of note, ol miss is missing
I did not realize that Penn State has only two losses on the season. It is surprising that they are only at 25, but they have been down so long that it takes a while for genuine recognition. I agree, they beat the number 2 ranked team and it seems reasonable that they should at least be ranked 15 or better.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I hope you're right. I know if Michigan goes to the playoff many football pundits will say Harbaugh is the next Nick Saban. I would never make that comparison though. Harbaugh should learn to show some class when he has a game well in hand. A few weeks ago he embarrasses Rutgers 78-0 then against Illinois he calls a fake punt while up 34-0 in the 4th quarter.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I haven't watched Michigan at all this year. I know they've blown out some, I assume, heavily outmatched teams.
What kind of offensive/defensive identity do they have?
Exact same as Harbaugh's Stanford teams. Pro-set, power running, efficient passing, TE using offense combined with a good defense.

Honestly I love that brand of football but the man himself has turned out to be a bit of a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I hope you're right..
Michigan is vastly overrated and living off of score margins like Oregon was so famous for under Kelley. Nebraska is the only teams besides tOSU that really has a chance to hit them in the mouth, but I doubt they do. But I think PSU has gave tOSU a wake up call.

I know if Michigan goes to the playoff many football pundits will say Harbaugh is the next Nick Saban. I would never make that comparison though. .
Statistically they might have something to argue with in terms of first 6 years in a power 5 job vs top 25 teams, but its stupid when you are talking about right now.

Harbaugh should learn to show some class when he has a game well in hand. A few weeks ago he embarrasses Rutgers 78-0 then against Illinois he calls a fake punt while up 34-0 in the 4th quarter.
With Chip, Spurrier ,and Johnson benefiting from it by convincing voters that they were super powers Im not all against running up the score. I take a little more issue with their mouth though

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
As I predicted the voters were swooned with Oklahoma's 66-59 game and phoo-phooed Colorado's 10-5 win. Both have two losses and while Oklahoma lost to a Group of Five team Colorado's two losses were on the road at Michigan and USC.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I'm beginning to think Michigan wins the B1G and gets into the playoff. With the way tOSUs offense has played particularly in the passing game I just can't see them scoring much on Michigan -- and the direct comparison of how each team played Penn State is an eye opener.

I think that's good for Bama though. I think the Tide roll on anyone but a pro style team like Michigan will have a hard time scoring -- Barrett or Watson (or god forbid Lamar Jackson) are way scarier than the Mich offense.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
As I predicted the voters were swooned with Oklahoma's 66-59 game and phoo-phooed Colorado's 10-5 win. Both have two losses and while Oklahoma lost to a Group of Five team Colorado's two losses were on the road at Michigan and USC.
To paraphrase General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

So long as Colorado don't make the mistake of phoo-phooing the phoo-phoo, that could see the whole program brought down, by phoo-phoo.

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.