JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here

Alabama Crimson Tide

[FONT=&quot]Quarterback grade: Jalen Hurts, 61.3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hurts struggles through air[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yet another game where Hurts’ legs do far more damage than Hurts’ arm. If he would have been under the pressure that his counterpart was all game, this game could have easily gone the opposite direction. Hurts was under pressure on nine of his 31 dropbacks and on those plays he went 0-4 through the air with two interceptions (albeit one on a hail mary) and took three sacks. He went just 1-5 on passes targeted 10+ yards downfield.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top offensive grades:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]C Bradley Bozeman, 82.6
RT Jonah Williams, 78.5
TE O.J. Howard, 74.2
RG Lester Cotton, 72.9
WR Calvin Ridley, 70.5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Blocking a team effort[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you want to know why Alabama is considered one of the most well-coached teams in the country along with one of the most talented, just look at the effort of their wide receivers and tight ends blocking on screens or runs. Gehrig Dieter currently owns the second-highest blocking grade of any wide receiver in the country and all the Bama wide outs were getting into the action on Saturday. Hurts’ 37-yard touchdown scramble gets stopped short without the effort of Calvin Ridley chopping down Armani Watts downfield.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top defensive grades:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DT Jonathan Allen, 94.7
CB Marlon Humphrey, 90.9
ILB Reuben Foster, 88.0
DT Dalvin Tomlinson 85.8
DE Tim Williams, 84.7[/FONT]

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This was probably Allen's best game in a tide uni. He was absolutely unstoppable. Demonstrated incredible closing speed as an interior rusher where he mismatched their interior OL all day. On that opening drive sack, he tossed their guard aside like a rag doll off the snap then leaped over a tailback cut block to pile drive Knight. Against LSU and Auburn, he'll probably play more end than tackle but this was really the game where you see his NFL positional fit.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Jonathan Allen is the best player in college football. He has tackling paws like Jesse Williams, an immovable run stuff like Mt Cody, a superman leap of 5 yards or so, etc. Couple this with his breakaway speed .... ok, breakaway speed if the pursuit is offensive linemen, and he has my Heisman vote.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Also, I'm little suprised that they didn't grade Cam Robinson given his battle with Garrett all game long. DE Myles Garrett, 80.9 <-- That was real interesting for me.. and I'm very confused with how Pro grades players because if you have the following receivers/RB as:
WR Christian Kirk, 76.1
WR Josh Reynolds, 68.3
WR Jeremy Tabuyo, 60.6
RB Keith Ford, 55.1
[FONT=Gotham SSm A, Gotham SSm B, Gotham, sans-serif]RB Trayveon Williams, 54.3[/FONT]

[FONT=Gotham SSm A, Gotham SSm B, Gotham, sans-serif]and then you have Hump Grading out at 90 percent. I would expect Averett, Minkah to be in 70s 80s... So, they are weird when it comes to grading players. Tell the whole story, not partial. [/FONT]

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Maybe it's just me, but it seems that we've actually regressed in the passing game, and further I would argue that Jalen's passing stats are inflated because of all the Utah shovel passes we now seem to be using. This needs to be fixed if we are to make a NC run in my humble opinion.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Maybe it's just me, but it seems that we've actually regressed in the passing game, and further I would argue that Jalen's passing stats are inflated because of all the Utah shovel passes we now seem to be using. This needs to be fixed if we are to make a NC run in my humble opinion.
I read where in a previous game; Hurts was only 6-16 on passes over 1 yard. We are going to have to be more effective on mid range passes when teams get us behind the chains on first down, IMO.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I read where in a previous game; Hurts was only 6-16 on passes over 1 yard. We are going to have to be more effective on mid range passes when teams get us behind the chains on first down, IMO.
That's my concern as well. Based on 8 games, if I'm an opposing coach then I put 7-8 men in the box against us and force Jalen to beat us with his arm. That being said, I think he'll get better under Kiffin.

You can't do that though. A&M kinda tried that and look at what happened. We pass enough to keep the teams honest and our WRs can score at any moment. Even with a "shaky" passing game, you cannot load it up. You just have to hang on to see if the offense makes mistakes and even then you are asking a tall task to beat THE defense.
That's my concern as well. Based on 8 games, if I'm an opposing coach then I put 7-8 men in the box against us and force Jalen to beat us with his arm. That being said, I think he'll get better under Kiffin.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I've been tracking Hurts against AJ McCarron in 2011 which I felt was the closest comparison. Hurts was right with him for a while but at this point in the season in 2011 McCarron (though no one noticed at the time) was getting much better. He has now pulled well past Hurts while Hurts appears to be going backwards. I love the guy from a warrior standpoint but we can't hide forever. Our best players on offense were our recievers and they are essentially useless. I see in the games that the staff is doing everything in their power to keep from becoming one dimensional, even when it hurts the game plan, but it's just not happening.

I personally feel like this team is in trouble. The off week has got to change something on offense.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i cannot for the life of me understand the near panic that so many of our fans have after saturday. we generally play crappy/sloppy in our last game or two before the bye. reading some of these threads, you would think that we had to dig down deep and beat a scrub team in overtime.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.