Thanks, Bama!

ProudAg

Sep 3, 2016
My Dad and two older brothers and I road tripped it as a birthday gift for my bro's 40th b-day. I just wanted to say thanks for being absolutely awesome hosts. We parked near campus at about 9:30 AM and began exploring campus and every fan we ran into was so welcoming and classy. This was our first SEC road trip since joining the conference and we were blown away by how cool your fans were and how nice the campus was. After many bad experiences as away fans in our Big 12 days (Texas Tech is the worst of the worst) it was so nice to visit a school with fans that want to show you a good time just as bad as they want to beat you on the field. After the game we were understandably a bit down about losing but so many fans wished us a safe drive home and welcomed us back again. Anyway, y'all made our very long drive absolutely worth it. A school is more than stadiums and facilities. It's more than winning seasons. It's all about people, and character, and in that sense y'all have a very high standard. Thanks and Gig'em. Hope to return the favor in Aggieland for any that ever make the trip. Best of luck with the rest of your season. I expect y'all to be champs (again).

Last edited:

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Happy Bday to your brother. Glad we had a good trip. At the end of the day scores will be forgotten, but memories with family will not.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Glad to hear the reception was great for you because I've heard similar reports about your school's fans over the last few years. There is a place in this sport for a healthy competition without all the vitriol.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Glad you had a good time. In my experience, a visiting fan at any SEC stadium is treated well by 99.9% of the fans, especially if the visitor is cool to begin with.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I've heard the same from report from Aggieland by Bama fans who've visited out there. I'd say they are right there with Oklahoma and Penn. St. in terms of great fans. Thx for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I've heard the same from report from Aggieland by Bama fans who've visited out there. I'd say they are right there with Oklahoma and Penn. St. in terms of great fans. Thx for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. Aggie fans have been great -- knowledgeable, agreeable, good sports, generous -- on my visits to College Station. Glad you had a good experience at Bama!

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Glad you had a good time. In my experience, a visiting fan at any SEC stadium is treated well by 99.9% of the fans, especially if the visitor is cool to begin with.
In general, I'd agree with this. In my experience, Red Stick, Oxford, StarkVegas, UGA, Vandy, UK and Fayetteville, even Auburn, yes. Knoxville, no. WAY less than 99.9%

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm glad you and your family had such a great trip, despite the loss in the game. You're right.. the memories of the journey are what matter and are what last a lifetime. I hope to be able to have similar experiences when my sons get older.

I wish A&M the best the rest of the season.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My Dad and two older brothers and I road tripped it as a birthday gift for my bro's 40th b-day. I just wanted to say thanks for being absolutely awesome hosts. We parked near campus at about 9:30 AM and began exploring campus and every fan we ran into was so welcoming and classy. This was our first SEC road trip since joining the conference and we were blown away by how cool your fans were and how nice the campus was. After many bad experiences as away fans in our Big 12 days (Texas Tech is the worst of the worst) it was so nice to visit a school with fans that want to show you a good time just as bad as they want to beat you on the field. After the game we were understandably a bit down about losing but so many fans wished us a safe drive home and welcomed us back again. Anyway, y'all made our very long drive absolutely worth it. A school is more than stadiums and facilities. It's more than winning seasons. It's all about people, and character, and in that sense y'all have a very high standard. Thanks and Gig'em. Hope to return the favor in Aggieland for any that ever make the trip. Best of luck with the rest of your season. I expect y'all to be champs (again).
Classy Post... Ag
You can always visit us on TideFans. We have a few guys from other schools who comment regularly. As long as they keep it clean and classy, they are accepted here. As you may have guessed, we live and breath football around here.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Came to College Station for 2013 game.Wife and I were invited into tailgate tent and fed ribeyes and fixins'. Large industrial cooler for wife helped the 95 degree heat.
Ag's were classy.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Very classy post; Paul Bear Bryant would be (and Gene Stallings, I am sure, is) proud of both schools. Good luck beating LSU on 24 Nov...2 days before we play Auburn.

However, I do think the "texags.com/forums" site is one of the worst I have seen in the SEC; foul and hateful language abounds, lewd photographs, etc. Seems as if they have no moderators willing to shut down folks without a brain.

Last edited:

Bama Ping Pong

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 16, 2009
Plano, Texas
Great post by Ag.

My wife & I went to College Station for the game last season. I was impressed by three things: #1. That's the steepest stadium I've ever been in. Really scary climbing way up to the Tide Pride seats. If you fell, you'd die. #2. The average Aggie fan was incredibly friendly. #3. The Aggies have some of the strangest cheers that I have ever heard ! Overall, it was a great experience.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Same back at you ProudAg! We ran into more A&M fans than I thought would be there and every time we ran into them it was class as well. Definitely a game I would go to again as I try to avoid lswho fans and barner fans. I also would like to congratulate the Aggie fans because they cheered for A&M until the end and many in the South endzone upper deck (why don't we put visiting fans in the top of the East Upper Deck by the way?) were still there when we left after singing the Rammer Jammer. We had a few near us and they never talked crap and of course cheered when they were supposed to and nobody I seen gave them any crap like it should be. I wouldn't be scared of going to College Station for sure after this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.