"Sissy" is a gay slur?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Most folks - generally - become more conservative as they age. Even Frank Sinatra went from JFK to Reagan, noting to his kid that "you get more conservative as you get older," although he never opposed abortion (then again - I'd argue pro-life is not necessarily the ONLY conservative position, depending on the vocabulary one uses).

Of course, there are exceptions. Seebell could become more conservative and still be a Maddow parrot. And I'm never totally sure how leftist 92tide is, either (sometimes he strikes me as just making fun of the right-wing position without necessarily disagreeing with it).
that's what a wing nut would think

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
that's what a wing nut would think
I've actually moderated somewhat left from my hard right youth on some things. I have a friend who died earlier this year at 68, and he was a left-wing atheist and awhile back I would have qualified as a right-wing evangelical. We'd been talking to one another awhile and his assessment was, "Neither one of us are 'true believers' in the ideology. For example, you're more Goldwater than Reagan."

I'm not quite sure what that's supposed to mean, but I always thought I was more Jack Kemp than Reagan anyway.

Changing tunes here - Ed Rollins told about how he was raised a Democrat in California and took this one professor at Chico State for a political science course. The prof showed up the first day and told his class the Republicans may as well drop because they'd all flunk anyway. Then he said that Pat Brown Democrats would get a C, Alan Cranston Democrats a B, and Jesse Unruh Democrats an A. Rollins later worked for Unruh in the California House (Unruh was Speaker at one time and lost the 1970 governor's race to Reagan) and then later managed Reagan's 1984 campaign. One of my favorite stories in his book was introducing his Irish Catholic Democrat parents to Reagan for the first time with the announcement, "Mr President, you and my parents have something in common - you're all former Democrats!"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Where I live there are some Afro-American, some Anglo-Americans and a whole lot of Illegal-Americans.

The term colored people always made me smile. All people are colored. I am white. Or more accurate, pink.
African-American and yeah that makes sense when you remember America was actually named after an Italian.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.