Next two conference games to be toughest test of season?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Looking at the sagarin's rankings, auburn and LSU are WAY higher than I anticipated. What are the Opinions, and concerns going into the next two conference games?

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Looking at the sagarin's rankings, auburn and LSU are WAY higher than I anticipated. What are the Opinions, and concerns going into the next two conference games?

I think we annihilate MSU.

We will have to play well to beat both LSU and Auburn; we cannot just show up. However, if we play our game, there isn't a team in the country that can beat us.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think we annihilate MSU.

We will have to play well to beat both LSU and Auburn; we cannot just show up. However, if we play our game, there isn't a team in the country that can beat us.
that has pretty much been the case since saban got to bama. and far more times than not, we have shown up and won the games we are supposed to.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
We just beat #9 by 19 points and even when we were down by 1, I felt we would win the game. LSU and Auburn's strengths offensively play into our best defensive ability. Neither QB is a threat to run like Knight. I'm thinking LSU will be a tougher out than last year. They had no full back in our game last year and were on the road. I still think we get a 10-14 point wins against LSU and Auburn.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I know we all want to look ahead, but I allowed myself 24 hours to celebrate, now it's back to focusing on this bye week and getting healthy. (Jumps on treadmill with elevation mask)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I feel like We can handle LSU, because they're a team that start slow or take forever to build up a momentum. We saw Fournette breaking off huge runs Saturday, so we just have to make sure we stop him, and force the LSU qb to beat us with his arm and we should be okay. Auburn game concerns me a little, because of how good they've been lately, but then again the teams they have been playing against doesn't really have great defense. We'll cross the bridge when we play them.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I like our chances in both high profile games we have left on the schedule but I also think we will need a half decent passing game to beat LSU and the barn.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The only concern - these are the two best defenses that you will have faced. You can stop them. Can they stop you?

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I don't see Auburn winning at BDS.

LSU will be tough because it's always tough in night games at Death Valley -- this is the toughest remaining came IMO... That said I don't think they will score much against the Alabama defense. It gets tricky if the offense doesn't get rolling early though. LSU has talent.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I don't see Auburn winning at BDS.

LSU will be tough because it's always tough in night games at Death Valley -- this is the toughest remaining came IMO... That said I don't think they will score much against the Alabama defense. It gets tricky if the offense doesn't get rolling early though. LSU has talent.
The barn has a winning record at BDS. I think we'll probably win this game, but they've shown over time that they are not intimidated by our stadium or crowd.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The barn has a winning record at BDS. I think we'll probably win this game, but they've shown over time that they are not intimidated by our stadium or crowd.
They are 5-3 but 1-3 since Saban arrived. They aren't facing Dubose, Fran or Shula. They will face Saban. They also aren't facing a team riddled with probation punishments.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
True. I guess I'm talking more about Hurts and the offense being more comfortable at home rather than the Barn's offense being uncomfortable on the road.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Not many teams are going to beat us throwing for less than 80 yards like AU did arky.
In their defense when you're rushing for 543 yards why even try to throw? Obviously they won't be able to do that vs Alabama but it's not like they needed to pass.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.