Bruce Feldman's Top 5 Heisman Candidates Includes an Alabama Player

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

For a few weeks, I've felt that it is Lamar Jackson's Heisman to lose. That unless he stumbles, no one can overtake him. I've re-thought that after this weekend.

Even though Leonard Fournette has missed four games this year, if--and this is a huge IF--he can lead LSU to a big upset win over Alabama, that could shake up the Heisman race. I doubt that the Tigers can pull that off, but he is a very special talent.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Jonathan Allen is my pick for best player. His superman leap might give him a good highlight reel exclamation mark. A good outing against Fournette and Auburn, another good running team, and he may get an invite.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Jabril Peppers is the best defensive player in the nation this year. No offense to some of our 1st round bound guys but he caught my eye all the way back in 2014 and has only gotten more complete as a defender each year.

He hits hard enough to be an OLB but has the coverage ability to play safety.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jabril Peppers is the best defensive player in the nation this year. No offense to some of our 1st round bound guys but he caught my eye all the way back in 2014 and has only gotten more complete as a defender each year.

He hits hard enough to be an OLB but has the coverage ability to play safety.
But a defensive player has to score. Peppers' non-defensive stats aren't that great. This was prior to last week.

He lives off the media hype from his recruitment. He might be a great defender, but people talk about him putting up numbers like Charles Woodson. He's not near those type numbers.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Defensive lineman don't win the Heisman. It's really that simple.

It will almost definitely be Lamar Jackson. It's been his to lose since he shredded Florida State.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's no Charles Woodson but that is the cheap comparison given they put on the same jersey.

I think he's pretty much the apex predator version of Mark Barron...versatile LB/S type but with a little bit more quick twitch than Mark (not a slight to Mark though).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.