Poll: Off week poll: Pick your playoff teams

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
The selection committee hasn't started yet but we are not waiting on them. Plus we got to have something to do on the off week. :biggrin:

This poll is quite simple. You can only vote for four teams. The top four are who we at tidefans believe should be in the playoff. Don't worry about ranking 1 to 4 just give us your top teams (we all know who #1 is). I have included te AP top 10, sorry 11 thru 25, your out of luck.

Last edited:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
The only real option is 1) Bama 2) Michigan 3&4) Clemson and Washington (in some order)

There really isn't a case for anyone else right now.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
The obvious choices are Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, and Washington.

Honestly though, I think Louisville might be the second best team. They're certainly the team I'd least want to play.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
The obvious choices are Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, and Washington.

Honestly though, I think Louisville might be the second best team. They're certainly the team I'd least want to play.
I guess I look at it a little differently. I want us to play the best teams because I believe we are better. I believe we could beat Louisville and it wouldn't be as close as it was with Clemson.

However, I don't believe that Louisville is the second best team. They lost to Clemson even though they won the turnover battle 3-5. They allowed Clemson to drive down the field and score a TD in 40 seconds right before the half. While Jackson is probably the best player in America, there are 3 phases to the game. Our defense was built to stop him (or at least severely hamper his production) and I would love for our guys to get the opportunity to show it.

My top 4 are Bama, Washington, Michigan, and Clemson...in that order.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Yes Washington has weak schedule but I don't see anyone who can beat them left on the schedule. A bunch of 4-3 teams and a 5-2 team. So, they will be the conference champion and be 13-0.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If the playoff were this week I'd have Bama-Michigan-Clemson-Washington.

At season's end I think it will be Bama-Ohio State-Louisville-Michigan, or maybe Louisville and Clemson. Depends on how close the Ohio State-Michigan game is. But Ohio State will win the game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If the playoff were this week I'd have Bama-Michigan-Clemson-Washington.

At season's end I think it will be Bama-Ohio State-Louisville-Michigan, or maybe Louisville and Clemson. Depends on how close the Ohio State-Michigan game is. But Ohio State will win the game.
Penn State can win the division, too. If Ohio State wind out and Michigan only loses to OSU, a three way tie would be the result. Would make things much more intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Penn State can win the division, too. If Ohio State wind out and Michigan only loses to OSU, a three way tie would be the result. Would make things much more intriguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I listened to a conversation with James Franklin on Sirius College Sports today and if that scenario actually plays out he said it may literally come down to a team being drawn out of a hat. The tiebreaker, as of today, wouldn't provide a clear winner for some reason. That's with all three teams only having the one conference loss. It could very well happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.