Obsevations from Tide Tipoff

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
A couple of things I noticed about a couple of players.

Ar'Mond Davis- Never met a bad shot, a pure shooter with some height.. He can hit is fairly consistently from 25 feet. He will be a matchup nightmare if he can shoot anywhere as well as he did at the event with a defender in his face.

Dazon Ingram- looked healed up. I am hoping he will continue to improve as a point guard.

Shannon Hale- took part in the 3 contest and did fairly well.

Riley Norris looked decent shooting 3 as well. He does a great imitation of Coach Johnson BTW.

Donta' Hall has put on some weight and I think will be a force on the back boards.

Corban Collins looks very quick and physical.

Nick King is a good shooter. He has a very smooth stroke and has some range as well.

Bola Olynian is bigger than I thought he'd be. He is supposed to be a great rebounder.

Braxton Key needs weight, but is very athletic. He will be a 3 or 4 most of the time although if he can handle the ball he may play the 2 spot a little.

I am very excited about this year. I can see us really surprising some folks. We'll certainly be deeper and I don't think we'll struggle to score as we did at times last year.

RTR

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
A couple of things I noticed about a couple of players.

Ar'Mond Davis- Never met a bad shot, a pure shooter with some height.. He can hit is fairly consistently from 25 feet. He will be a matchup nightmare if he can shoot anywhere as well as he did at the event with a defender in his face.

Dazon Ingram- looked healed up. I am hoping he will continue to improve as a point guard.

Shannon Hale- took part in the 3 contest and did fairly well.

Riley Norris looked decent shooting 3 as well. He does a great imitation of Coach Johnson BTW.

Donta' Hall has put on some weight and I think will be a force on the back boards.

Corban Collins looks very quick and physical.

Nick King is a good shooter. He has a very smooth stroke and has some range as well.

Bola Olynian is bigger than I thought he'd be. He is supposed to be a great rebounder.

Braxton Key needs weight, but is very athletic. He will be a 3 or 4 most of the time although if he can handle the ball he may play the 2 spot a little.

I am very excited about this year. I can see us really surprising some folks. We'll certainly be deeper and I don't think we'll struggle to score as we did at times last year.

RTR
Great report and encouraging - thanks. How was the turnout, size and enthusiasm ?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm very curious to see how the lineup will look on the floor this year. The feeling is that we'll push the ball faster, and I think defense will be even lot better than last year. The first 10 games will say a lot about the team and where they are on creating identify for them.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I'm very curious to see how the lineup will look on the floor this year. The feeling is that we'll push the ball faster, and I think defense will be even lot better than last year. The first 10 games will say a lot about the team and where they are on creating identify for them.
Me too! I think we may play up to 10 guys this year on a consistent basis.

I think the starting lineup will be Collins at PG, Ingram at SG, Norris at the 3, King at the 4 and Jimmy at the 5.

I think Bola, Armond, AJ Jr., Key, and Hall all play good minutes.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Someone asked about the crowd. There was 5 maybe 6000 there, mostly students. It was a pretty cool event. We got to see the team and meet them one on one.

As far as the lineup, here is my guess:
Dazon Ingram at Pg switching with Corban Collins Kinda Co-starters
Ar'mond Davis at the 2 SG Riley will play here and the 3 which are more natural for him. Brandon Austin will play SG as well
Hale at the 3 sometimes the 2
King at the 4 Bola at times for rebounding
Dont'a at the 5 Center spot- Jimmy and Bola as backups

I think this team has tremendous potential. We are not only going to be deeper, we are going to be taller and faster than we were last year. If we play the bigger lineup at times, the shortest guy will be Ingram at 6'5". Our skill levellooks to be much better.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think we make the tourney last year if Dazon never goes down, so I'm definitely excited about this year. Hall gaining weight if true makes me very happy too. He can be dominant if he can throw his weight around on some guys. With the transfers coming in and eligible this year I have high hopes at making the tourney this year. RTR!

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
FWIW, when speaking to the media today CAJ said that the starting 5 and the rotation to begin the season were set.

That's good news continuity wise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think we make the tourney last year if Dazon never goes down, so I'm definitely excited about this year. Hall gaining weight if true makes me very happy too. He can be dominant if he can throw his weight around on some guys. With the transfers coming in and eligible this year I have high hopes at making the tourney this year. RTR!
Hall is bigger, but he is one of those guys I think has trouble gaining and keeping weight on. I think he is stronger, but he is still needs more weight. I still think he may play in front of Jimmy.
I left out Brandon Austin who I believe will be a role player and Braxton Key who coach raved about yesterday. We have a good number of players who are going to create match up problems with their height. Good teams can play up and down game and a slower more methodical pace as well. We'll just have to wait and see what this team can do. We play Faulkner next Thursday. BE THERE!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.